Embroidery on Satin and/or Lace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidery on Satin and/or Lace

I have a request to embroider on satin and/or lace panties for a burlesque show! This business is taking me places I never would have believed....lol
    I have never embroidered on lace and could use advice and guidance on the technique, as well as, satin. Both fabrics are for panties and possibly bras.
    Thanks!
    Mary Nason <br />Owner<br />Hunny\'s Boutique<br />New Durham, NH<br />[email protected]<br />hunnysboutique.com

On my Viking machines, I use an 80 jeans needle (which is sharper than the regular embroidery needles) to embroider satin, but for the Amaya I'd suggest a 70 sharp.

Barb in Broomfield, Colorado
    Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

I have a few suggestions
      However all of this really depends upon your stitch count and density
      You certainly do not want any backing to remain.

You may be able to simmply use a tearaway or another possibility might be the no show nylon mesh trimmed very closely.

Other suggestions :
      We make a product that you may want to use esp of you get any shredding on the satin
      Cloud Cover Stitch was originally developed to arrest any fraying on satin and silk
      It is soft sheer, drapable and totally non directional , so you will still need a stabilizer - a tearaway
      It is also used to cover the back of scratchy stitches - good for the pantiesand bras.

For the lace
      I would suggest using a fibrous non woven called "washaway" aka other names w our distributors
      It dissolves very easily in room temp water
      You do not have to immerse it in water-
      A few drops and you will see it dissipate ecxcept under the stitches it will become entangled with your threads and the fibers of your item to be embroidered

As always pls e-mail me off list if you want samples

Sincerely
      Fred
      Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

I am a great big chicken for the super stretchy lightweight stuff. I do the embroidery on a washaway or tearaway which leaves just the embroidery, and then I sew it on. CHICKEN ME!

Comment

Working...
        X