Melco's Fanci Monogram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melco's Fanci Monogram

If someone has this and can give me some of the specification/settings that work well for you on 2, 3, and 5 inch lettering I would so appreciate your help. Any other words of advice on monograms is also welcome. I have never done one....Oh I am going to put it on Towels and Quilted make-up bags and Quiled Duffle style bags too. If I have some success with it tonight.
    Thank you
    Debbie Garifi
    Design WIzard Embroidery

There is no easy way to do large lettering
    Satin stitches sew out faster but they usually come loose pretty quick after people get their hands it and even more with towels as they wipe their hands on the embroidery.
    Fill sticthes won't come out but the stitch count will be about 3-4 times a satin stitch.
    Check the alphabet PDF chart to see which lettering is capable of being sewn that large.

Comment

Big lettering - split satin is a must. Also Arron has a technique that works well also, but he's going to have to explain.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

There is a way to make 'split'columns to simulate satin stitch on big letters. I"ve done it but couldn't tell you how-somewhere it's typed out in one of our notebooks.
        Any satin stitch over 1/4" wide is too much-what we were told in training. Makes it too easy to catch and pull out. So the split column is best you can do-might be what Aaron will tell you.

Comment

This particular font has a Minimum height of 1.5" and 2" with a max. of height of 6". So if I pruchased it from Melco wouldn't it be pre-digitized to not do a satin stitch with a this particular height? I guess I will just sew it several times and see what works, it just takes sooo much time, which I don't have an abundance of right now!
          Aaron - Where are you with this wonderful explanation they all speak of?
          Thank you

Comment

OK, I'm not Aaron but here is the way he told me to do what the mock/fake split satin stitch. I haven't done this for a bit as I now use the split satin feature in DS Pro+. Anyway here are the steps...

1. Create your lettering; make any lettering size adjustments before you go to step 2.

2. Make a copy of the lettering keeping it directly on top of the original lettering.

3. Go in to the properties of the copy. Change the column width to approx. 40% less of the original lettering (So 60% if the original is 100%, 100% if the column width was increased to 140% on the original lettering).

4. Change the density of the copy to 15. You can play with this number to see what you like best but this can give you a starting point.

Remember, the complete first lettering will stitch out before the second so you could have registration issues....just make sure you're hooping taughtly and you should be fine. Good Luck!

Dorothy Compton, Owner
            Bee Embroidered
            www.BeeEmbroidered.com
            (916) 635-7467

PS Aaron chime if if I've missed something!
            Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Dorothy,

There you go telling all my secrets again [img]smile.gif[/img] The funiest part of that trick is when I first started doing that you could do it all at once cause there was a glitch in the program that allowed you to sew the underlay wider than the final stitch. When they fixed that I had to go to the way you just said. Now the same as you its split satin in the software all the way, gotta love that feature.
              Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Aaron,

So just checking the split satin box is it if the column is over 1/4 wide? Are there any other settings that will need to be adjusted when using thw split satin feature?
                Thanks to all who replied!
                Debbie

Comment

1/4" is a good # to go on. I usually set my max length at 50-60 and my min length to 8.
                  Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Working...
                  X