outlines not where they should be - not accurate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlines not where they should be - not accurate

Since I am busy asking questions today and am having some luck solving the problems, I have another question. I have some designs that are filled Tatami with an outline around them (not just a running stitch) and the outlines are off. It is on sweatshirt material with 2 layers of fred’s new clear stabilizer. I am hooping as tight as I can. Could this be my machine? I am using a Big Red Amaya.

I keep trying and trying different things, but I believe the problem is the machine, but I could be wrong as I do not have much experience. The design is a horse that is outlined. Everything stitches fine until it gets to the outline of the mane and tail. The outline shifts up and to the right. I have copied the mane and tail and pasted it into a blank design and stitched it out and there was no problem – registration was great. Doesn’t it sound like it is shifting while stitching the whole design? Any ideas? Is there a place I can attach pictures so you can see my problem?

Comment

This happens to me all the time, I always look for designs with as little outlines as possible because they never 100% line-up with the design. If I stitchon a smaller piece even of the same fabric it is always better, the minute I put the real thing on the machine it does it. I know it has some to do with pull comp so I end up playing with that, but doesn't always do the job 100%. Another is adding a more stable backing to aleviate even the slightest bit of puckering.
      Does it usually do it to mostly the top or the bottom of the design, mine is always one or the other, again I know we have to find the secret of using the Pull Comp. correctly. I am sure one of the pro's can shed better light on this too for those of us in the "Frustrated Group/Club"
      Debbie
      Design Wizard Embroidery

Comment

Working...
      X