Amaya Specific Digitizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amaya Specific Digitizing

I know not all amayas are created equal but why doesnt someone digitize files for amayas, including machine settings, etc then send them as .ofm files. It woulod be nice to get a design all ready to go once its loaded in the machine. Any thoughts???

I believe that .ofm files are only Design Shop files? So you can't create them without buying Design Shop...which is 'mated' to the quirks of the Amaya...if a digitizing shop wanted to spend the THOUSANDS of dollars to buy the program they would certainly get a lot of accounts that want their service!

Comment

Also, your digitizer really would have no idea as to what machine settings you would want to use. Like the Amaya, not all users are created equal.
      I may sew at a slower speed, use manual feed rather than auto, use more or less backing, prefer my colors on different needles etc. Remember that you can save a design in OS once you have loaded it to the machine. It will save all of the preferences that you have set in place and be good to go the next time you need it.

Comment

Dakota Collectibles uses DS now. You can get all their files in ofm, BUT only the newer files are created in DS. The old files are converted and not as handy as the ones created in DS.

As for all the machine settings, I don't know about that, but I would imagine that it would be extremely difficult to do that as there are so many different materials we are sewing on.

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I haven't seen it mentioned for some time, but if you get the choise and very few places will offer
          and .OFM file mostly because the digitizers have had it added to their software and they can save in that format no matter what software they digitize in. But if you cna at least buy the .CND format which was Melco's editable format for manyh, many years, at least with this you can still change stitches and entry and exit points, stitch styles and densities which is great for those of us with DesignShop that doesn't include the convert to wireframe option. Then it is easily saved as an .OFM file from DS and you don't have to worry about conversion glitches like some of the other software conversions.

Ron
          Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Ok, now I am confused. I am new to this and was told in training that it is best to request an EXP format if the OFM was not available. Is that not the case? I have not been able to figure out how (if possible) to change entry and exit points, stitches, densities and so on as stated by Ron with the EXP formats. Maybe, that's my problem and I should be requesting the CND format instead. Any suggestions??

April
            April Williams<br />Game Day Designs<br />[email protected]

Comment

I went through the same thing. Finally figured out, if you convert the exp to wireframe, then you can do the changes you want. You do this by being in design shop, click on the expand element you want to modify (or the entire design) then right click and on the drop down menu select convert to wireframe.

Sometimes converting the entire design at once will cause you to loose some pieces, just have to experiment.

Hope this helps you.
              Sue
              All Custom Embroidery

Comment

Thanks Sue. I appreciate it! It's so great to have a place to come to get advice and knowledge. Not sure I would have made it this far without all of you!
                April Williams<br />Game Day Designs<br />[email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X