T-Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Shirts

Running my last job, 250 T-Shirts just lettering. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    These were my thoughts:
    Backing: 1-2oz cutaway (sprayed with adhesive) with 1-med tearaway (slipped under after on machine)
    Topping: Solvy
    Needle: 75/11 ball
    Acti feed on auto but with a lower limit of 4 (not too sure about lower limit?)

Any expert advise?

I think, since I just did some T's today, that a lower limit of 4 is too high. I ended up setting the standard to 3 - Auto just was giving me way too many thread breaks. A setting of 3 did the trick. I set the presserfoot to one click up and ran at 1100. Probably could have gone to 1200 as I usually do, but I was just too busy to even bother because I was running hats on my other machine. Also, if you set the lower limit too high you will get many no-trims or miss-trims.

Juli in Kona where the VOG has held off for a few days!
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Not sure the reason for the backing done the way you are doing.

We use either 2 - 2oz or 3oz cut away slices hooped together with tshirts. Why are you using adhesive and slipping one under? Adhesive will just gum up the needles. Only use it when absolutely necessary.

Solvy - only if needed. Tshirts don't have a ton of pits and valleys - most of the time we find we don't need it unless you have a ton of fill area that isn't covering well.

Actifeed... I'd set it at 2 or just leave it at the default. 4 is too high.

Just my way of doing things - YMMV.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I'll go with John on this one, should not need glue for t's or solvy. I use a 2.5 or 3 oz cut away and one 1.5 oz tear away hooped together.

Acti-feed lower limit no higher than a 2 for a t'shirt.

Density probably should not be under 4.0 or you will experience holes inside of closed letters (e, o, a).

Steve I.
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Working...
        X