melco fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• melco fonts

i have a lot of request for a font called "CURLZ" the one i have was a free TT download. i really never liked how it stitched out and now that i have the amaya i really dont like the stitching. i was looking at the melco mart book and they offer fonts but when i went to the website of www.melco-services.com/alphabets nothing is coming up.
    anyone know if Melco has this font or where i can get a good version of the font???

I have this site saved, but have never used it for purchasing a font.

http://www.embroideryfontshop.com/index.php
    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Comment

I have 2 sources for you, one I have used alot & the other only a few times. Try Embroiderylibrary (http://www.emblibrary.com) and search for curlz alphabet or try Embroidery.com (http://embroidery.com/) and search for curlz. They both have the font as individual letters, ranging from $7-$15 each but Embroidery.com has them as a package for $150.00. Kind of pricey but if that is what the customer wants I don't know how you talk them out of it. I have used the later source more often and just downloaded the designs, have had no issues with them.

Comment

You can right click on the text tool and it brings up the properties. Then click on the code sheet and it brings up a PDF file that has first an index of the Design shop fonts at the different levels and then an index of premium font. All these fonts are either ones that come with Design Shop or ones you can purchase. Which fonts comes with DS depends on the level you have and you have to buy the premuum ones, I don't know as if any of them come with DS.
        Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Do what we did...take the pdf file to your local friendly print shop, have them print it out in color.
          Don't waste your own little HP printer-it will take several cartridges.
          Then organize the pages by which fonts came WITH your system, and which ones you get ripped off oops I mean have to buy to use...
          Now you have a notebook of pages to show customers-AND as I have found out from many amaya users-pages of included font 'designs', mascots, ovals, shapes, special effects-that you were never told were in there as fonts!
          Well worth the few bucks to get them printed-I'll bet everyone of you will find some mascots and kids designs or special effect stuff that you will start to use!
          There is also a complete file of predigitized designs in Design Shop files that Melco won't say a word about-because it would mean 'support' on them if people asked. But they are there, and you can use them!

Comment

i printed out about 10 pages. didn’t want to give them too many choices. its seems like the more they have to choose from the longer it takes for them to make up their minds! the little girls and teens love CURLZ, i just wish melco had it.

with the fonts: i didn’t want a font that i had to bring in a font separately. haven’t tried doing it with DS, but with my PE design if i bought a font i would have to bring in each letter separately and then try to line it all up and try to make sure it was even. (i hope this make sense). with fonts that are in your computer you just type the name and its on the screen, with purchased downloads each letter was brought in individually. that’s what i didn’t want to do.
            seeing how DS is way more sophisticated them my PE was it might just be easier to do.

Comment

i have PRO+ but dont have one that look like curlz.. i just cant see spending more money on that font, but your right if its popular with the customers i should have one that stitches out well.

Comment

Phunter try going here www.fancyfontsembroidery.com or www.juliasneedledesigns.com let me know what you think. They both do excellent work. I used them all the time. And they won't cost you $$$$

Carolyn
                You Gotta Love It!<br /><a href=\"http://www.elegant-embroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.elegant-embroidery.com</a>

Comment

Carolyn,
                  I love the fonts at fancyfontsembroidery. Do they stitch out well on the Amaya? I noticed the exp. format is not listed.
                  Joanna

Comment

Joanna, aren't they gorgeous. If you contact paula, I am sure she could get you what you need. Just tell her that Carolyn from Sewforum sent you. I stitch them out all the time and i have had no problems with them on the amaya or my little 6 needle. They come out so crisp and professional look. Can't you tell I am sucker for a good lookin font.
                    You Gotta Love It!<br /><a href=\"http://www.elegant-embroidery.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.elegant-embroidery.com</a>

Comment

I think this thread began with a message that the writer did not like the Curlz TrueType font. I have used my Curlz TrueType font numerous times, with very picky clients, and have had ONLY positive comments. Bill
                      Bill

Comment

carolyn
                        yes i have bought from fancyfonts before. i love her stuff. i will have to bring in each letter one at a time correct?? i really want the font to be like my others. you know how you just type in and edit. but i assume with the downloads i have to bring in one at a time line it up and then size it.???

Comment

Yes phunter unfortunately you do. Off the top of my head I am not aware of a curlz font that you can just type in and it is already to go. If I think of one I will certainly let you know.

Carolyn

Comment

There is a TTF called Curlz MT

I found that it looks better with about a Col width adjustment of about 150.

Juli in Kona
                            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Hey Phunter,
                              Go to www.embroiderydesigns.com and download there efp software a very basic lettering software and then you can buy the curls font for like $8.00 and with that software you can write the whole name and save it and pull it up in design shop and I have had no trouble running it.

Comment

Working...
                              X