Design help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design help

I have a left chest design that I'm sewing on Outer Banks polo shirts & Gildan tshirts. I am having thread break after thread break--I've done everything I know to do-twice! Thread color is black with a black bobbin. I've lubricated the rollers, cleaned & oiled the trimmer, changed the needle & bobbin case, checked the orientation of the needle & plate, moved the presser foot up & down, used the auto acti-feed & changed the lower limits on it. I've done everything for Big Red except stand on one foot, pat my belly while rubbing my head and singing love songs to it!!!!! I am so frustrated. Will someone take a look at this design for me? Dianne

I'll look at it. But before you send it to me, check for excessive tie-ins and tie-offs. Is that where you are having breaks - at the beginning or end of an element?

Juli in Kona
    [email protected]
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I talked to a tech today & he had me change the tie in/tie offs. Sometimes it's breaking thread at the beginning/end; sometimes it's in the middle. Many times it's fraying the thread, then breaking it. It's less than 3000 stitches & I'm getting 3-4 thread breaks on each stitchout! I'd cry if I thought it would help! I'll send it to you. Thanks for looking at it. Dianne

Comment

Are you only getting thread breaks on one needle or is it happening on multiple needles? Was this a design that you digitized yourself or was it one you bought? If you bought the design, did you try and adjust the size (scale it up or down)?

I've had problems with purchased designs and trying to scale them without adjusting some of the elements of the design. Learned my lesson a long time ago, it's better to start from scratch - or nearly scratch - than to just resize a design and hit the button.

Comment

The logo is only lettering--Elegans-DAK; one color. The letters are small: .35. It ran ok Saturday using white thread. Today with black thread has been a nightmare. I know that black is weaker because of the amount of dye; I even changed spools of black thread. Whichever needle I use breaks thread, so it must be something I'm doing wrong in the design. Dianne

Comment

Working...
          X