Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy needs help with emboridery on hats...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy needs help with emboridery on hats...

Help!!! For those of you who have had equipment for a while please be patient with me. I have had my machine for a week and have not been to the offical Amaya training. I have a job that requires 24 shirts and 6 hats. I managed to struggle my way through the shirts and get them done. Now, I have to embroider the same logo on the hat.
    I can't seem to get the hat hooped right. I watched the new video that is on the front of this website and found it to be great. However, I am still having trouble. I have reduced the size of the logo down to 2.25". I am using a hat from sanmar #C866. It is structed hat with 8 panels and low profile. I have only been able to get one hooped that would stay win I traced the design. The only way I could get it to stay was put the sewn part of the bill up over the teeth and pull the strap across which casued about an 1/8" between the band and the bill. It also caused the hat to pucker which inteferred with the embroidery of the logo.
    Does anyone have any suggestions???
    Thanks in Advance!!

Off hand I'd guess that the design is just too tall! With a low profile hat there just isn't enough room for a larger design. Try reducing it down again. Or maybe you can rearrange the design especially if it has text on the top or bottom. Sometimes designs suitable for LC just are not going to go on a hat, particularly a low profile hat.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Without looking at the design it is like shooting in the dark. BUT, I would initially agree with Juli.
      Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

If you want to send your design to me at [email protected] I can take a look to see if its a design problem and we can go from there.
        Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Aaron,,,Was hoping you were available. My behind is buried in 9 doz caps due out today.
          Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Herb,

Come on now. Your the hat guy, I have seen the video [img]smile.gif[/img]

You don't want to know how many hats I have to do right now I don't thing.
            Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Working...
            X