Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very new...getting this message and am confused

Hello to all,
    I've been lurking on this forum for some time and thought I would jump right in. We got our Amaya XT last Thursday. We are pretty excited, but the more we learn, the more we realize we know nothing. We are a screenprinting company that used to sub out our embroidery. We finally decided to invest in a machine of our own. We are going to the Amaya training in Chicago next month, but in the meantime, we are playing.

I got this message today..."Selector stepper index error-not on index while sewing". Also, when I was watching the machine, I noticed that the thread was really loose when making those slow initial stitches. Sometimes the thread would come right out of the needle, other times it was a thread break.

I'm using 75/11 and the thread that came with the machine. I have 2 oz backing. I'm practicing on a jersey knit polo. Not sure if both of these issues are related or not. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks so much...
    Tami
    Graphic Outfitters

Hey Tami,
    Welcome to the list! Congrats on your new machine. It sounds like your actually doing a lot more things right than you realize. We all get those error messages once in a while and it usually seems like it's more of a machine problem than operator error. I usually simply "X" out the error window and keep on stitching. The only thing I do differently with a polo is use a no show mesh backing up against the fabric with a light touch of adhesive spray and then a soft tear away on top of the mesh. For me the mesh seems to "drape" better with the jersey and the tearaway gives you more of a solid foundation in the hoop.The spray helps lightly hold the fabric still and keeps it from stretching as it sews. This is just my way of doing it but it works really well for me. Be sure the backing is pulled really tight in the hoop. When I've tightened the hoop screw about 3/4 of the way, I pull all the wrinkles out of the backing (not the fabric) and then push that outer hoop down as far as it will go towards the fabric. Then I tighten the screw again. This gives you that "tight as a drum" feel. Do you have the acti-feed on? I never run it manually cuz the operating system seems to pick the perfect settings on its own. Only thing that happened to cause me trouble when I got my new machine was constant thread breaks and it turned out that before shipping my XT, the shop hadn't put enough grease on a couple red pinch rollers and yellow thread feed rollers, so once I gave them a good dose of grease, the thread breaks quit. I guess they could have dried out in transit too. Good luck and have fun with your new machine! Debbie in Indiana
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

I doubled the backing and it worked fine. I am having lots of thread breaks too. I had Dave, my husband, go through the machine and grease it. I will try again today. Thanks so much!

Comment

Check the bobbin. When inserting a new bobbin and it is all threaded, when you pull on the thread, the bobbin should spin clockwise. If it is in backwards it will cause irritating thread breaks that will drive you nuts. A very easy mistake for a newbie, and, indeed, us oldies, to make. Ask me how I know!

Juli in Kona
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks for all of your help. I played away yesterday and everything is working great!! I'm now on to embroidering (practice, of course,)windshirts then on to hats.

Comment

Working...
          X