Designs that pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designs that pull

I do not use Melco digitizing software. However, I keep seeing posts regarding designs that pull and are a problem because of it.

I am wondering if you have an adjustment for the Pull Compensation in that software?

I use it all the time in my software. On things that do not stretch I set it at 0.1 mm on things that stretch more I set it at 0.2 mm (Like a 50/50 sweatshirt 9.3 oz..) On soft polos I try the 0.2 and if it pulls at all I set it up to 0.3 mm.

I almost never having anything pull and certainly not after a test sew on the actual fabric I will be sewing on - and have made adjustments. That being said, remember you really need to make sure you are using the correct backing, correct density and have it hooped well. If it is too loose it will pull, if incorrect backing is used it may pull or else become bullet proof, if design is too dense it will pull. I can reset an already digitized design to a higher pull comp also.

I rarely if ever see anyone suggest to change the pull compensation. Just wondered if that isn't something people that have problems with pulling should be looking at, too.

Jill
    Jill<br />SE Colorado

Jill,

I think there may be some confusion over terminology.

On the one hand, what I believe that you and others are describing fabric that puckers around elements of a design.

Pull compensation, is only marginally related. Because of the way a stitch is formed, the length of that stitch will be slightly shorter than the center of each needle penetration. The type of pull comp that you are describing typically makes an element, or all elements wider by a certain amount. Depending upon the software, that can be applied as a percentage or a specific measurement amount. It may also be fine tuned to apply differing amounts in the x direction than the y. Or, or...

It is useful to beef up lettering that looks thin because it sinks into the fabric.

But, adding width to elements or the entire design, does nothing to help with puckering.

And, yes, Design Shop has automated pull compensation with a finer degree of control than most would ever use.
    Don Hanson<br />Terradon Embroidery

Comment

Working...
    X