EXP vs OMF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EXP vs OMF

If I have a design that is in EXP format, do I need to convert to wireframe before taking it to OS?
    I am not doing any editing. The design was provided by the customer. It was not my intention to do any editing.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    LuAnn
    LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

LuAnn,
    You do not have to do anything to the EXP logo to sending it to OS and the machine. You can, however, go into the properties of the design, go to amaya settings and set the speed, material thickness, color sequence for the design. Also you can set the color palette for the design, so you see it on screen as it will look when sewn, and place inside the hoop size that you will be sewing it in. Now save it as an OFM file. It is still an EXP file, but the paramaters have been saved with it making it easier to use next time. All settings are there.
    Hope this helps,
    Debbie

Comment

Thanks Debbie,

I was pretty sure it would be fine. This is one of those jobs that you kind of wonder "why did I agree to do this?" LOL !! We've all been there!
      120 color changes, 225,000 stitches!
      Of course it has more than 16 colors....so I had to program 6 stops in the stitch out so I could change thread colors on the machine.

It's running really nice though....KNOCK ON WOOD!
      I've got it running at 1000 spm. I am a little leary of cranking it up any faster. The overall design is 13 X 8 and it fits in my largest double height would hoop. I am stitching on muslin and am a little concerned with the density of the design. But the customer fully understood that I would not be editing the design.

Thanks again for the advice!

It would appear I am not the only person at work today

LuAnn

Comment

One of the perks of owning your own business. You get to work every day of the week! Good luck with the design, and enjoy what is left of your weekend.
        Debbie

Comment

It's been raining all week! Believe me, if it were nice enough to golf, that is where I would be.
          When the weather is nasty, I get a chance to get those "little" things done. I don't turn on any of the lights in my showroom, just the lights in my work area and I keep the door locked!

Enjoy your weekend also!!

LuAnn

Comment

Dear LuAnn,
            I have to ask. What is this design, where are you putting it and how many do you have to do? I will knock on wood for you.
            Margaret
            Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

The design is the "Signing of the Declaration of Independence". I only have to sew it out once. It is being used in a quilt that is being entered in a show.

So far, it has run uneventful. I am 112,000 into it, with one thread break.

Thanks for the KNOCK... [img]smile.gif[/img]

LuAnn

Comment

I'm curious too, how much is the customer paying for this? And how many hours of sewing did it take when you get done with it?
                Inquiring minds want to know.....LOL....
                at 1,000 spm-60,000 per hour...allow time for changing thread colors, potty break, send out for pizza...probably 4 hours by the time you get done?
                I did a job similar to yours, but no where near that amount of stitches...but over 6 hours to digitize, a couple of test runs...just for one sewout...and they happily paid $250 just for the digitizing...because none of the other shops would do it in the area, and they had been told $350 to digitize!
                I certainly learned how much I didn't know about digitizing on THAT job!

Comment

The design was brought to me on a disc. The customer purchased the design at emblibrary. The design is "The Signing of the Declaration of Independence". She has a home machine that could not handle the size of the design. She called me and asked me how much I would charge to stitch it out for her. She offered to privide the fabric and the thread. I opted to use my own thread, she was going to bring me Rayon.

I did NO editing at all on the design, this was the agreement I had with her. I will have approx. 5 hours in this when all is said and done. I have been running at 1100, but now that is doing alot of small detials it is running a little slower.

She is paying $225.00.

Not bad for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

BTW....the design looks awesome.

LuAnn [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

No wonder quilts are selling for several thousand dollars apiece now!
                    Good work for the weekend for you!

Comment

Working...
                    X