New Guy Hat Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy Hat Question

I am a brand new Amaya user and brand new to digitizing, so if this is a dumb question I am sorry. How do I get a logo on the side of a Cap Using the Amaya Extended XT? Do I have to Digitize it, do the logo is on the side or what? Please help! I feel like a moron for not knowing this, but what the hell I am new.
    Andrew Langer<br />910-467-6161<br /><a href=\"http://www.boozehoundapparel.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.boozehoundapparel.com</a><br />[email protected]

Since your are so brand spanking new at this, I'd advise you to have it digitized by someone that really knows what they are doing. Do a search on this list for Digitizer. And yes, get it digitized (make sure that it is not taller than 2.5" and I'd personally keep it within the seam lines.) The hat hoop you have is not easy to use, but there is an excellent video somewhere on this site.

Boy, talking about jumping in with both feet!

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

You got that right! [img]smile.gif[/img] I am just glad that I can get great advise from professionals like you guys. Thanks for the advice.
      Andrew Langer<br />910-467-6161<br /><a href=\"http://www.boozehoundapparel.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.boozehoundapparel.com</a><br />[email protected]

Comment

Andrew,
        If I understand your question, you are wanting to place the design on the side of your hat, using the Amaya Extended XT cap frame. When you are creating the designs for sewing in Design Shop, you will put the XT Extended cap hoop up on the screen. The frame outline shows you how much area you have to work in. Go to Design Origin and turn on the Show Origin (I use the lines). Measure on your cap from the center to the location where you want to place the logo on the side(left or right). Insert your design into the DS window that you are working in and place it at the point where you have measured.
        You can have multiple designs within that cap frame.
        Debbie

Comment

As far as digitizing a logo to fit in the XT Extended cap sewing area for the side of a cap....you can digitize it to fit where you want it to go or simply center it in the hoop sewing area and then rotate the cap driver where you wish to sew after loading it into OS....more than one way to skin a cat here...

I personally find it difficult to use the cap frames to place names on the side of caps as it is hard to keep them lined up perfectly parallel to the bottom line of the cap. It is just too time consumming to try to hoop every cap perfectly to get the lettering to come out straight, everytime.

If you are trying to, not only, digitize a front design and then in the same sewing area, add a name to the sides of the cap so it will all sew at the same time with one hooping....well it can be done but takes more work and effort,than I am willing to put into the project. It is just too much trouble to try to line everything up exactly the same while hooping the cap...

I prefer to use the Slimline clamps for the back of caps and fast frames for the sides.

Just my personal way of doing things...

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Andrew,
            I too, agree with Rod on the preferred way to sew on different sides of a cap.
            If you are new to embroidery, chances are you don't own Fast Frames or the Slimline hoop as of yet. These will be 3rd party hooping devices that you can purchase from Melco Mart but know that you're looking at an expense of approximately $300 for the Fast Frames set and $400 for the Slimline hoop and that is only with one size window.
            You can sew on the side of the cap with the WACF (wide angle cap frame) but it is agreed by most this is not the most efficient way to do it.
            Depending on the cap you are sewing on you might need to rehoop the cap, in order to ensure the cap is aligned correctly, when going from the front of the cap to the side of the cap or vise versa.
            For example, the old style trucker caps that my grandpa (and today's breakdancers) used to wear might be a little more forgiving as the upright angles on front and side will be similar.
            However todays more popular caps, low profile and such, will have to be repositioned accordingly to ensure the sewing surface is parallel to the needleplate surface. And this repositioning can take more time than one is willing to devote whereas the Fast Frames are as their name implies,... Faster.
            Good luck,
            Ed Orantes
            Melco Tech & Trainer
            504-258-6260
            -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
            X