2 Color Full Block Font

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Color Full Block Font

I am attempting to embroider this font on 95% cotton 5% spandex shirt.
    The shirt is puckering and looks very messy.
    My settings are:Stitch length 30, Letter height .64", letter width 50%, density 5.5, Column Width is 2 for X and Y.
    I have no idea what settings to use to make this look professional.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mary [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Mary Nason <br />Owner<br />Hunny\'s Boutique<br />New Durham, NH<br />[email protected]<br />hunnysboutique.com

Mary,

When dealing with spandex I have found that lightly gluing the backing to the garment eliminates the puckering. As far as your settings, are you using any underlay? You may want to increase the letter width.

Steve
    Trinity Embroidery
    Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Mary,
      Your spandex fabric has got to be one of the most unstable of all fabrics. You will need to increase your stabilizer(s). I think the desity of 5.5 might be a little high. Try a 5 or 4.5 for better coverage. You should also be using a ball point needle. Maybe a smaller needle too??
      Puckering means that your fabric is moving under the stitches. Some folks have used sticky backing in addition to cut-a-way to better stabilize the fabric.
      You may also try not using the Acti-feed setting and switching over to the manual setting and choosing a comfortable setting so the stitches are not pulling too tight with each stitch.
      Also, try not to stretch the fabric when hooping.
      Good Luck,
      Ed Orantes
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Thanks Guys, I appreciate your input. I will try your suggestions.
        Mary [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Mary Nason <br />Owner<br />Hunny\'s Boutique<br />New Durham, NH<br />[email protected]<br />hunnysboutique.com

Comment

Working...
        X