How much to charge for fund raiser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to charge for fund raiser?

I have someone who is starting a non-profit organization. She wants to buy shirts, bags and totes with bling (the Organization's design) on
    them and sell them to raise money for her organization. What percentage of my profit should I deduct so that she can make some money from the sale? Or if I would normally sell the shirt w/bling for lets say $20 what should I sell it to her for? Or how would you handle this?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated since I've never handled anything like this before. And I have no problem helping out
    this type of organization but I don't want to loose money and I still want to make a little too. If this goes through, she will be wanting to
    order quite a bit. Should I say she would get the product for X amount with an X minimum order? And if so, what do you think that minimum
    should be?

Thanks so much!!!
    Di<br />Designs by Di

When you do give a quote, quote the full price you would normally give and then you can give a discount of whatever %. That way it is clear what the normal price is. And if it is based on a min order just state what that min is.

Everything is perception! If they perceive that they are getting a discount, that makes them feel really good! If you just state your lowered price like it was a normal price, then it just seems normal.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I just did some sweatshirts for a non-profit organization's fundraiser. I charged my price for the sweatshirts (wholesale) and then charge 50% of what I usually charge for embroidery. I also charged them my cost for digitizing.
      They are an organization who will be coming back to me for more, from what I have heard.
      I also quoted my regular prices to them and then showed them their discount underneath.
      Mary Nason <br />Owner<br />Hunny\'s Boutique<br />New Durham, NH<br />[email protected]<br />hunnysboutique.com

Comment

Working...
      X