design missing stitches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• design missing stitches

I am monogramming some towels for a client and she has requested Chivalry font, 2" high...it looks great in DS but when I send it to the machine, the design where the columns are are missing stitches. I just stitched a test run and these areas have no stitching or the stitching is not right. What happens b/w DS and OS to create this in the file? This has happened on other fonts before...thanks for any help.
    Blessings~cindy

Hi Cindy,

What's happening is due to the length of the satin stitch, the OS is seeing it as a trim instead of a stitch. There are a couple of ways to fix this, one is to change the number of stitches to "trim" [Hugo wrote In OS, go to settings the settings again and lower your "trim for jump count down to a 1 or 2 . That should fix it.]. Another way is to change the stitch type to a fill which might be better. Really wide satin stitches are more prone to get caught by stuff (fingernail, etc.) thus increasing the chance for a break and then unravelling. You change this in DS. There is also the option of a split satin stitch which is a blend of both worlds. I'm not sure which levels of DS have this option but I know you can change to a fill stitch. Hope this helps.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
    Bee Embroidered
    www.BeeEmbroidered.com
    (916) 635-7467
    Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Thank you both so much for the suggestions. My jump count was already on 1, actually. I've tried to "resend" to machine and there are still stitches missing at the top of the W and throughout the satin stitch in the thicker parts. I do think it is too big for the design, but the customer requested this, in satin. I will try it in fill to see what happens when it is sent to the machine! I appreciate your suggestions.
      Blessings~cindy

Comment

Cindy,
        Actually, you need to set the jump count to a higher number. This tells the machine how many jumps it will accept before it trims. You can save your design as an EXP and go in and look at the stitches tool bar for the particular stitches in question and you will see how many jumps have been inserted into the design. Set your jump count higher than the most jumps that you see.
        Debbie

Comment

I had the same problem when I tried to sew long stitches. I think is quit working when I installed OS 7.00.115.

Here is the work around I received from Melco Support.

Hi Dennis,

Sorry this has taken so long. I had to find your answer. I found there is a bug in Amaya OS Jump/Trim count. I did find a work around to the bug. Open Amaya OS. Click on File &gt;&gt; New. Click on Tools &gt;&gt; Options. Click on the File Options tab. Set the Jump Stitches for Trim to 0 to disable it, or set it to 7 so it will catch some trims. Click on OK. Click on File &gt;&gt; CLOSE. Reload your design. It should now work.

Mark Slaughter
          Technical Support
          Senior Software Technician

I tried to post this last night, but something did not work. This is only my second post. Don't shoot me!

Good Luck,
          Dennis Shoda
          Threadworks Plus

Comment

Working...
          X