how do I hoop a baseball hat in a fast frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I hoop a baseball hat in a fast frame

Ok, I consider myself a pretty smart cookie, but this STUPID thing. I just can't figure it out. We can't use the hat frame as the design is too tall. HELP ME BEFORE I LOSE what little sanity I have left!

Shell
    Shell<br /><a href=\"http://www.sparklesbyshell.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.sparklesbyshell.com</a><br />Let me make you SPARKLE!

Dear Shell,
    If I read this right you are trying to use a fast frame to hoop a baseball cap. The only fast frame I know that is specific for a cap is rounded and is used to hoop the back of the cap over the adjustment strap. As far as the front you must use the cap frame that came with the machine. You need to make the design smaller to fit into the frame and you have to tell the customer that their design needs some things removed. Hats that have a larger area stitch are done before assembly or you can use a conventional hat frame to get some more room. The conventional cap frame you can find in the Melco catelogue (to see a picture). They are expensive for just a few hats. They do have a larger front area but will not rotate for sides.
    I hope this helps.
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Margaret,
      It's been a few years but,..
      I have seen a fast frame designed for the front of a cap. I don't recall what machine it was being used on as I have repaired many makes and models. As I recall, it was probably good for simple designs like names but not practical for complicated designs as the cap would tear away from the backing during sewing.
      I believe it was used with those very unstructured, floppy caps.
      Just a little FYI.
      Take care,
      Ed
      Melco Tech & Trainer
      -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Dear Ed,
        I did not know there had ever been a fast frame for the cap front. I thank you for the information. Margaret
        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

How large is the sewing area for the conventional cap frame (not the WACF)?
          Embroidery

Embroidery Digitizing

T Shirts

Comment

You can find out by activating the hoop in DS and using the ruler, measure it. The height is the tricky part. I limit the height to 2.5" Avoids many problems and hair pulling that way.

Juli in Kona
            Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
            X