turn embroidery back to image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turn embroidery back to image

I need to go in the opposite direction with a customers logo than where I normally go. I have created a logo for a private eye and now he wants me to turn it into an image for letterhead.
    Anyone have any help on this...I'm not sure how to proceed? I do have Corel Draw x3 at work but can I do it any other way so I'm not using their equipment for my own purpose? THANKS!!! Debbie in Indiana
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Artworksource.com does vectorization of logos for $15. My guess is that if you saved the logo as a jpg out of design shop, you should be able to send to them and have them recreate it.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Thanks John!! That is wonderful news!! I will get with them very soon! Hope you're having a good day!! Debbie
      Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

Debbie,
        If you digitized the design yourself and have it in OFM format, depending, I think, on the level of design shop that you have you should be able to right click on the element and in the drop down menu is a tab for convert to vector. It doesn't work with expanded, but it does with CND and OFM.
        Depending on your, requirements sometimes this will work.
        Debbie

Comment

Debbie
          After playing, when I should be working, I see that you can use expanded designs also. You would convert then to wireframe, then convert that to vector. You can save it as an EPS file that will save the elements. This isn't going to give you camera ready art, because the elements overlap like the embroidery does, but it might work in some instances.
          Debbie

Comment

I know this is an old post, but the answer for me has been to save the digitized file as a j-peg, bitmap, tiff file, or whatever the customer needs/wants. I have these options in desighn shop, doesn't everybody in Amayaland?

-Greg
            Gregory

Comment

I also see this is an old thread...but I hope Debbie CHARGED for the LOGO CREATION...because that is what would happen if the client went to a graphic art studio and asked for a logo! He does not own the logo you came up with-YOU DO because you created it and therefore own the 'copyright' to it. If he needs stationary, YOU can take the logo (and Design shop does export usable vector art-I have done it many times) and send this artwork to an ad specialty company that does stationary-I use several companies for envelopes, notepads, etc. Why let him pay someone else for something you can supply? OR work out a deal with the local 'print shop' so that you can bring orders to them, and get a 20% or so discount for your 'markup'. I do this with a local shop-in return THEY take orders for signs, banners, or send customers directly to me-and we both share the logo artwork without charging each other or the client-so everyone wins and we have happy clients!

Comment

Since a lot of you get the posts here automatically-does everyone know that you can 'save' the 3-D 'embroidered' image from Design Shop, and use that to email a distant client for a 'proof' image of what his logo will look like? This has been a real time saver when the client keeps making changes and you don't want to waste time doing sew out after sew out...I also take the images and incorporate them into signs and flyers I use for advertising with the local Chamber of Commerce to show the work I have done for local businesses-even blown up images when I supplied the chamber with items for their yearly 'fund raiser auction'...the oversize images show up very clearly on the tv broadcast compared to the actual item.

Comment

Very true that you can save your design as an image using Design Shop.

However, be sure you disclose to your customer that not everything, in every image, will be identical when sewn on the garment.
                  Remember that what we see on the screen has not undergone the "PUSH or PULL" that will take place on the garment.
                  For example, what's digitized on the screen will look like an oval but after it's sewn on the garment, it stitches out like a circle.

Just a little FYI.
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
                  X