Robison-Anton Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robison-Anton Thread

Anyone have experience with Robison-Anton thread and if so, what is your opinion?

Regards and thanks in advance?

Steve Fletcher
    Metro Monograms

I have use RA thread, and I didn't have good results with it. I like the ARC poly best, then Admelody rayon by BFC Creations. I hear Madeira is good as well, but I haven't used their rayon or poly versions.

Comment

I use RA thread and have not had any problems. I would recommend them.
      Natalie

Comment

I started with ARC thread. A while ago a local shop went out of business and someone bought their equipment but did not want the supplies. So I bought a bunch of thread at a really good price. Most of it was RA and some Madeira. I also got a free spool of Signature at a trade show. Personally, I do not see much difference in any of them. If something is digitized well, there are no thread breaks (OK, seldom) regardless of manufacturer. I will continue to use RA for two reasons: First, because the supplier in Annapolis stocks and is a one day ship rather than several days for ARC; and second, RA is the only thread made in the USA (or so they claim).

David Sklar
        David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

I believe ARC is also made in the states (or so it's claimed that their thread and machines are all manufactured here). Does anyone know for sure? I really like the RA company and the people working there, but unfortunately I did notice a big difference with their thread quality over ARC. Wish I didn't because they are so close and delivery is much quicker.

Comment

XT's are made in Plano Texas. The Melco office is outside of Denver. They develop the software and are the people you talk to when calling for assistance. I don't know about the thread.
            Margaret
            Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

R/A has always been my first choice for embroidery thread- rayon, polyester, cotton, whatever. I am now trying to switch from the too tall Madeira cones to the better "stubby" cones that R/A still uses.
              Greg
              Gregory

Comment

R/A is not nearly as shinny as Marathon. I get marathon from American Embroidery Supply. To order the Marathon threads, call Andrew. Great guy. Also, he sells needles in 100 boxes at a great price. AND he will cut any roll of stabilizer to your order. I just got a 15" roll of No-Show Iron-On (love that stuff!) and had 80 yds cut to 8 X 15 for my 30cm x 16cm hoop, and the bal just left on the roll. I can cut the 8 x 15 in half for my round hoops. AND we get 10% off if you mention you are on this list.

Juli in Kona
                Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Holy Schnikies - we just resurrected a topic from over a year ago...
                  John Yaglenski
                  Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                  Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                  Hilton Head Island, SC
                  http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

and- I just found out- R/A is not necessarily made in the USA, but it is all Dyed in the US- go figger
                    Gregory

Comment

This one had me so confused I called R/A to find out. The rayon is imported, then dyed and finished in the US. R/A does, however, have their own poly plant, where they manufacture poly thread, then dye and finish it. I love hair splitting...!!

Comment

Working...
                      X