Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequins

Dear List,
    I have several customers intrestered in sequins. I have the attachment but now I need to figure out how to price the final product. Do any of you have pricing set up for sequins, know of vendors who do or can many any suggestions as to how to decide on pricing?
    Thanks
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Anybody done sequins design pricing?

Anybody know how many sequins in a roll? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I need to give a price quote on an allover design for a palm tree.
    Cordially,<br />Dee<br />Bordados Distintivos<br />Personalized Embroidered Textile

Comment

Any sequins attachment users out there?

Is there a way to see the hoop limit outline for sequins designs?

I know the field of embroidery is smaller for sequins sewing than for embroiderey but I can't find any way to show the maximum sewing field.

Any ideas appreciated.
      Cordially,<br />Dee<br />Bordados Distintivos<br />Personalized Embroidered Textile

Comment

More precisely, I need to know how to show the hoop limit for sequins designs in Design Shop.

I don't have my machine by me here.

Comment

Dee,
          Unfortunately, there isnt' a way to show the sequin hoop limit in Design Shop that I am aware of. What I would do, if I were you, is to draw it myself by using the grid as a reference.

Specifically, in Amaya OS, with a sequin design loaded, you should be able to see what the hoop limit is for each hoop selected. At this point, turn on the "grid" feature and then count the squares left to right and top to bottom.

Take this information over to Design Shop and draw a rough outline making sure your grid properties are the same.

As for pricing of sequins, I suggest you start at least double what you would charge for standard embroidery. Meaning, if you charge $1 per thousand stitches, then you would want to charge $2 per thousand if the design had any sequins in that design. Remember, you're not charging so much for the actual thread and sequins but rather your time involved in putting it on the fabric. ...And you know how much time is involved in working with sequins!!!

If memory serves me correctly, I believe there are 25,000 sequins per reel. I think Melco Mart was selling a reel for around $15 a reel.
          I rarely see the sequin device out in the field. Meaning only a handful of folks that I know own one. They are really great but rather involved.

Ed
          -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
          X