Lycra Material job..Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lycra Material job..Need Help

Hello everyone, I have taken on a job that includes 200 Lycra fabric swatches that I need to embroider a small logo on. Before jumping into this I would like to ask everyone what equipment and settings I should use like.

Density, stitch length,compensation,underlay, stabilizers and so on.

Wondering what will produce the cleanest result in this very thin and stretchable material.

Thanks in advance

Clint
    Are you for Scuba?

This was a good question Clint. Please let me know if you had any replies.

Member # 332

Rate Member posted 03-10-2008 04:21 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello everyone, I have taken on a job that includes 200 Lycra fabric swatches that I need to embroider a small logo on. Before jumping into this I would like to ask everyone what equipment and settings I should use like.

Density, stitch length,compensation,underlay, stabilizers and so on.

Wondering what will produce the cleanest result in this very thin and stretchable material.

Thanks in advance

Clint

Comment

Clint

What is your approximate stitch count and density
      I am probably going to suggest the no show nylon "diagonal" mesh w or w/o a tearaway "sandwich"

http://www.lebowconsulting.com/stabilizer-reviews.htm - mesh

When you hoop your material w the stabilizer do not stretch the lycra too muxh
      There is a happy medium on hooping
      You cannot allow for movement or sagging but do not over stretch

Pls feel free to e-mail me off list for samples

Sincerely
      Fred
      [email protected]
      Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

I'm not sure this is a big help, but when I have strechy materials that I am working with, i apply solvy on top of the garment to avoid the needle pulling the material up and down with the needle.

Comment

Working...
        X