Which format for editing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which format for editing?

I had a customer's logo digitized by another company. They sent it to me in .exp format (I have DS Pro +). The design had lettering and the jump stitches were left on between the letters, but the customer wants them gone (black thread on khaki cap). So I learned from Nate that I couldn't edit that (lock/trim function) in DS because it was sent to me as an .exp file. I forgot to ask him which format I needed so I could make the changes. Does anyone know? Is it an .ofm file?
    Di<br />Designs by Di

Di, You can do some editing that you have in any format. Inserting a trim is one of the things that it is fairly easy to do. Go to the stitch in the design that is just before where you want the trim and up at the top of the screen find the word insert and click on it. In the menu that drops down you will find near the bottom the word trim. Click on that and you have inserted your trim. There is also an icon to insert a trim it looks like a pair of scissors.

Good Luck
    Toni
    Classic Embroidery

Comment

I always get my designs in EXP format because hardly any digitizer uses the OFM format which is Melco specific. My digitizer is a Melco tech and he sends to me in EXP. I think if you convert the design to wireframe, you will then be able to add/delete whatever you need to from the design. You should also be able to ask your digitizer to do the revision for you as well without any extra cost.

Comment

Working...
      X