patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patches

A customer is thinking about hiring me to stitch out about 36 donut size patches on black twill and each one will consist of about 6-7 words with a satin border around the outside of the twill. I've never done this before and wonder if doing this many is easy or would most of you just contract this out. Also is $10. too much/not enough? I just need to figure out these issues before I proceed. THANKS!! Debbie in Indiana
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

I meant to say "Is $10/patch too much or not enough?" Debbie

Comment

Creating a 3.5 inch or 4 inch round patch with a satin stitch border will probably take 6 to 8 thousand stitches then add the lettering and the twill patch material; it should in the quantity of 36... well rough guess... easly 10 to 12 dollars.

If time permits (2 to 3 weeks) set up the artwork and outsource it to a patch company then it would probably get it down to ten dollars if they move the quantity to 50.

It will cost the customer about the same but it will be easier on you.
      Digital Stitchz / LaserWorkz<br />905 Texas Street<br />Fairfield, CA 94533<br />707-426-9963<br /><br />Embroidery, Screenpriinting, laser engraving and banners<br /><br />We keep you in STITCHZ, make your life colorful & your business more visible.

Comment

I have a source in NY for blank patches, I think any size-on twill with whatever color combinations you want for edge and material.
        Would save you a ton of time instead of having to 'create' the patch yourself.
        Get the patch blanks and $10 sounds like a good price-if you have to do custom digitizing for artwork charge for that too or you end up losing money=time.

Roland

Comment

Thanks to you both for your help with the patches issue. Roland, do you have a phone number or email for the folks in New York? That would save me the problem of doing the satin edges. Seems like the tearaway always shows through the satin edge. I thought about using a water soluable stabilizer like Aqua Magic but would need to play a lot in my digitizing software to get the offset line just right so the satin edge is totally close to the edge of the twill. How much do they charge for a stack of about 40-50 blanks? THANKS again Roland!! Debbie

Comment

Eastern Emblem Mfg. Corp.
            509-511 18th St PO Box 828
            Union City, NJ
            1-800-344-5112
            I think they used to be in NY which is why I thought that's where they were.
            They have expanded...just found a catalog I didn't know we had.
            www.easternemblem.com
            You may have to call to get 'blank' prices.

Comment

I just ordered custom rectangle blanks from Heros Pride, http://www.herospride.com/, and min. order qty is 50 and I paid less than $1.00 a piece. They came highly recommended by the uniform shop I subcontract for and there is no set up fee.

Rita in Nashville,TN
              Rita Campbell<br />Nashville TN area

Comment

Deb,

Go to HPIemblem.com sign up for an account and they have an online request form. You fill out the form add the art or stitch file and submit for a quote. Usually comes back the same day and you can decide if you want to do it yourself or just have them do it. You can ask for prices for several different quantities to see where the real break is. I have been using them for about 4 years and they are always on time with great quality.

Steve I.
                Trinity Embroidery
                Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

So, I'm getting ready to order a bunch of 3" blank patches. Before I do, is there a trick to hooping a 3" patch?

Thanks,
                  Linus

Comment

Working...
                  X