Dog Collars - Need hooping/framing system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog Collars - Need hooping/framing system

I am looking for hooping/framing recommendations for embroidering dog collars. The only hoop/frame I have found marketed for dog collars thus far is the fast frame.

Does anyone have experience with the fast frame for dog collars? Any recommendations for other methods?

Thanks!
    Margie

Margie,
    I've used the Fast Frame #17040, from Melco Mart, for karate belts and dog collars and found that it works great. I've also used it for cat collars. Good luck. Hope this helps!
    Karen
    Embroidery Plus
    720-887-5998
    wwww.embroiderypluswebshop.com
    Karen Howe<br />Embroidery Plus<br />720-887-5998

Comment

I would use the speed frame/clamp system with a stiff backing underneath just to hold it securely so it doesn't wander around.
      I've done some narrow scarves that way and it works great-no adhesive backing to gum up needles.

Comment

Karen,

That is the Fast Frame I was looking to buy. Would this work for sewing ribbon as well? Also, do I need to purchase a separate bracket for #17040 or does the frame insert directly into the hoop arms? I have yet to use the Fast Frame system and the instructions I've found have been spotty.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Margie

Comment

Margie,
          I've used this for doing ribbon also. Although, depending on the width of the ribbon, I do secure the ribbon with sticky backing. There is no bracket needed for this frame. It inserts directly into the hoop arms. I've used this frame for many applications where backing is not necessary. It gives a nice clean finish and is easy to keep a nice straignt line of embroidery. Let me know how it turns out!
          Karen
          Embroidery Plus
          720-887-5998
          www.embroiderypluswebshop.com
          Karen Howe<br />Embroidery Plus<br />720-887-5998

Comment

Karen,

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I really appreciate it.

I'll let you know how I make out!

Best,
            Margie
            Art of the Needle
            Nantucket, MA

Comment

Where can I buy dog collars wholesale?? And is there a font that works better than others on dog collars?? I tried block on a collar I bought at PetSmart and it turned out horribly.

Thanks,
              Barb Bunker
              Broomfield, CO
              Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

I am not sure about wholesale sources as we make them here in house. As for fonts, any of the melco micro fonts have worked well for me. You can use a lot of the regular fonts too, just be sure to check their minimums on the code sheet before you design and sew.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks very much, Art of the Needle. I guess I'll buy a few collars at Wal-Mart and see what I can do. I used the karate/dog collar frame I got from Melco for the first one. I'm wondering if I should have used sticky stabilizer as well.

Barb
                  Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

Working...
                  X