solvy bunching up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solvy bunching up

trying to sew on acrylic beanies, but ive noticed this whenever i use solvy. IT BUNCHES UP and ends up messing up the stitching. some stiches appear missing because of too much solvy and some of the design ends up with NO solvy. I tried the adhesive but it leaves a residue. any tips to help me on this?

Earls Embroidery,
    How can the solvy bunch up if you have hooped it really tight?? I've never had a problem with solvy but I make sure it is pulled extremely tight before I tighten the hoop all the way. One way to keep your stitches from disappearing (or sinking into the fabric) is to lay down a light fill under your design first. Make it the same color as the fabric and it lays a smooth foundation for your design. By the way, what's your name?? Debbie
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and assume you are putting the solvy on top after hooping when you really need to be hooping the solvy. If that is not your problem then Im not sure.
      Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

LOL, im sure thats my problem...thanks for a good laugh. Thats exactly what i was doing....cutting it and placing it on top. I read somewhere to place it on top and how funny i took it literally. thanks. LOL

Comment

Working...
        X