Fred Lebow - Non Wovens
    Lebow Consulting - Cotswold Industries
    www.lebowconsulting.com -- www.cotswoldindustries.com
    406 854-2322 877 309 3553
    [email protected] -- [email protected]

Next Class Fri - Jan 18, 2008 Long Beach ISS
    http://www.issshows.com/
    http://www.embroidery-academy.com

"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation"
    Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Fred,

I use the 7x7 for both 15 and 18 cm hoops and I cut it off rolls for anything larger. I think I have some 5x5 for the 12cm hoops. The 7x7 on the 18 doesn't quite cover completely but works well for most jobs unless I am doing a complex design and then I have some 8x8's but I mostly get by with 7x7 and then large rolls.
    Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

With the Hoopmaster 8x8 works great with the 15 cm hoop. I do use 7x7 for the 12 cm fixture just not as much.
      I cut off 1/2" from one side of an 8x8 to see what would happen. The magnets hold the piece in place fine but you have to place it carefully otherwise you wont have enough material hanging outside of the hoop.
      Janel Pinneke<br />Silver Star Embroidery

Comment

Aaron and Janel

Thanks VERY much for your feedback

Aaaron - How are you?

Happy New year to both of you

Sincerely
        Fred
        Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Fred,

I am doing much better now that I am back to normal 9-10 hour days. Christmas was alot of hours working this year [img]smile.gif[/img]

When you get your backing figured out you should send some samples. Would like to help support other members here so buying at least some of my backing from you would help. I currently use Emblematic and CH holderby and Madeira for most my backing needs.

Hey, while on the subject of backing I get 20" x 4" precut sheets of 3 oz tearaway from Holderby that is absolutely the best for cap sewing. I normally order 4-5k every 2 months so if you have anything in the works along those lines let me know. Holderby is the only one I have found to have this and I don't like to cut my hat backing off rolls [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I generally buy the pre-cut stabilizers and use a HoopMaster with 12 and 15 cm fixtures. I have 6x6 sheets for the 12 cm. I buy 7, 7.5, or 8" sheets for the 15 cm hoop depending on what costs less. I find that the 8x8 is sometimes too big (due to the inaccuracies in the cutting) to fit in the fixture without having to fold one side. The 7.5 just fits in the 18cm hoop but you have to be very precise or you don't get an edge. Question: The hoops are generally round... why 7.5x8?

David Sklar
            Ballyhoo!
            David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

I like the 8x8. Thanks Fred.

Comment

Our rolls sare 60" or 46" 7 1/2 x 8 allows us to get another cut in with 8 x 8 there is some waste

Fred

Comment

Aaron

Thanks
                  Pls send your address and we will have samoples sent

Thanks
                  Fred

Comment

Here you go Fred.

The Linen Barn
                    3935 Springbrook Dr
                    Medford, OR 97504

Comment

Aaron

Thanks
                      Pls e-mail me off list so that I have your e-mail address and or ph #

It seems that we - Cotswold- already sell quite a bit to Melco - Arc

Sincerely
                      Fred

PS Will you be at L Beach or any other shows?
                      Sincerely
                      Fred

Comment

Working...
                      X