vitronic 5 panel cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vitronic 5 panel cap

Hi all, I have a question about the above cap. I've not heard anyone mention it, but it has this stiff (buckram?) flap inside of the front panel and a soft iron on stabilizer on the cap itself. do i embroider over the flap or do I move that out of the way to embroider? I've had my red Amaya almost 3 years and this is the first time I'm doing caps on it. Raised needle plate is on, is there a specific tension or just wantever works? Is the presser foot up all the way and a couple of clicks down? It's hard trying to go by memory from class 2 years ago and I could not find any reference to this in the help or in the manual. Thanks so much! BTW, hope everyone had a Wonderful Christmas and wish you all a very Prosperous and Happy New Year. I was stitching nonstop for days, last customer picking up her order Monday at 7:30pm. Thank goodness its over! Thanks again in advance.
    Etched In Thread
    Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Edna,
    If this panel you speak of can be moved out of the way, then do so. If it's part of the cap, then sew right through it. On an original Amaya, you are correct to use the raised needle plate. Also raise your presserfoot all the way up and don't forget to return it all the way down when you are finished. Set your thread feed to "auto thread feed" and turn off your bobbin break detection unless your Amaya OS software does this for you automatically. Lower your sewing speed down to something like 900 spm. And remember to be sure that the sewing surface is parallel to the needle plate when hooping the cap. Try not to allow your design to exceed 2 - 2.25 inches tall and use the WACF hoop (not the XT or XT extended WACF). Be sure to use "cap backing" no less than 7 or so inches long. Using backing shorter than this defeats the purpose of using backing in the first place. Also use a sharp needle, expecially since there's buckram, and it's recommended to use an 80/12 needle. If you're sewing lettering across the face of the cap, turn on the "center out" feature in Design Shop for this design. Otherwise, tell your digitizer that you will be sewing this logo on a cap. They should know what to do in setting up the design to sew correctly.
    Hope you meet these caps with success.
    Sincerely,
    Ed Orantes
    Melco Tech & Trainer
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
    X