1/4 font gone in polar fleece HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 font gone in polar fleece HELP!

Ok where to start , I have six polar fleece headbands to embroider , having to surround the image with text about a 1/4 of a inch maybe a tad smaller, the polar fleece is just eating the text and not leaving anything to read , the material is about .160 thousandths of a inch thick. I only have six to do but its taken 2 days now and no end in sight. I have the rest of the order already embroidered .I have had my machine about 3 months , but I have used a brother single needle and have graduated to the amaya xt 2 days into this job and I am rethinking if I should of added embroidery to my screen printing shop right now. Any suggestions as where to make some density moves or accufeed moves or whatever you may think would be greatly appreciated
    Joe

Hi Joe,
    The only way text that small will work on Polar Fleece is to lay down an underfill. Sometimes you have to educate your customer as to what will and won't work on different types of fabrics, and fabrics with a loft just don't like small fonts without something for them to sit on top of. I don't think density will help when that small. I can sense your frustration but you will love your Amaya---there is just a learning curve that accompanies any embroidery machine.
    Sharon
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod is right... 1/4 inch text is tough period on most fabrics (only a few fonts in the library really look good) but even tougher on stuff like that. You'll have to put a block of fill behind it. Think a rectangle or something of stiches, where you then lay down the text on top afterwords.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...
      X