Patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patches

I have a client who is interested in having me do some patches. I have never done patches before. Any tips on how to do them (backing, material,
    etc) would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Natalie Koziell
    Gail Force Designs

I have done a small run of patches of 25. I ordered the blank patches from patchsupply.com. I used a tearaway backing, did a walk normal stitch the size of the patch, used the applique feature to stop the machine and then using very small pieces of double faced tape, I mounted the patch in the circle and stitched the patch. When the stitching completed I tore the backing off and started the next patch. I did not add any other backing to cover the stitches, though you could use a heat n seal for a more finished look.

Depending on the quantity, you may want to source this out. Most are done overseas and are very competitive in pricing and the quality is very good. I have had great success with patchsupply.com doing patches in larger quantities.

Randi
    One Stitch @ A Time Embroidery

Comment

I second the quality of patchsupply.com I have had several thousands done by them this year and they do a great job and great prices as well. Usually a 4-6 week turnaround but you can have them rushed in about 2-3 weeks for extra. I have had 3 rush orders recently and they did a good job of getting them back when they say they can.
      Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Working...
      X