Cashmere scarves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cashmere scarves

Good evening, everyone. I have several cashmere scarves to monogram. Can someone give me pointers on the best type of backing, etc. to use on them. Since I don't have one to practive on I must get it right the first time. Thanks for all the help! Dianne

I would use Solvy on top (then carefully pick it away afterwards) and nylon mesh on the bottom. It comes in white, beige and black, so I would use whatever is closest to the scarf.

Barb in Broomfield, CO
    Barbara Bunker<br />BMB Custom Embroidery<br />Broomfield, Colorado

Comment

I just did couple of hundred of nice soft wool mufflers. The first batch I used just a light weight tear away...which was Ok....but getting all the little bits out of the back was a nightmare (back could be visible as well as front)...so the 2nd batch I used a water soluble backing,tore away what I could, and just hit it with light water spray and a little steam...worked much better. hope you find this useful.
      Theresa
      Theresa

Comment

Theresa, what kind of water soluble backing did you use? I have the thin solvy--do I use several layers of this? Or I have a very heavy solvy that must be removed with heat--which hasn't seemed to work very well. Dianne

Comment

I used Ultra Heavy from Zieglers embroidery supply-Looks and use like Badgemaster or Aquafilm; instructions are to rinse out using warm water, lay flat to dry. If you have an ample supply of Solvy, I would try a couple of layers on some scrap fabric similar in weight and see how it goes.
          Theresa

Comment

Working...
          X