PS Poly Twill Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS Poly Twill Question

For those that cut poly twill, which side goes up? It does not have the peel off backing. So, do I cut the image as I see it, or do I flip it and cut the back side?
    Bear with me...this is my first attempt and I had a supplier send me a sample of the poly twill for practice.
    I get many many request for this service and I would really like to add it to my list of services available. I realize it will take some time for me to learn the process.
    Thanks so much...
    LuAnn
    LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

LuAnn, I cut face up or on the right side, this will be the way you will cut most jobs. I have found the PSA or twill with the "sticky back" to be the easiest to use. When you re-order, you may want to try that product. Also invest in the small iron that is available on Dalco Athletics, it'a a huge help. I find the Amaya is so fast that it sometimes "pulls" away the twill, and a quick press with the iron will hold your pieces in place.
    Applique or tackle twill is a wonderful addition to your business. We do hundreds of TT sweatshirts and uniforms a year,it's been good, and customers love it! As do I with the lower stitch count! Good luck, Jan

Comment

Jan,
      I can just use my heat press for this process, right?
      Do you do your own digitizing then for lettering?
      I like the look of the zigzag stitches around the lettering.
      I am really excited about learning this. I really don't have the extra time right now, but extra time is not something that I have had for a while now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      No one else in the area offers this service, but I get asked about it weekly!
      Can you reccommend any resources for information on learning this process?
      Thank you so much for your response.
      LuAnn

Comment

Jan,
        I'm sorry, but you lost me on the using the iron piece. What do you mean? I too will be getting into patches and would like to better understand. Thank you, Linus

Comment

I've been testing some PSA Tackle Twill; a customer has asked for 27 ball jerseys with 2-color name/number on the back of each. I'm testing with the twill (cutting my own) but can't get the tack down stitches just right - any suggestions for better outcome? (they cover perfectly in parts, and are off the twill in other parts)
          Please advise of any help - customer is wanting this next week!
          Thank you.
          Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Comment

I'm not sure of your exact problem, but the tackdown should be a 3mm wide zig-zag. The spacing should be 2mm if you are not going to cover and 3mm if you are. Place the tack down so that it overlaps the cut edge by .3mm (or 10%) and leaving 2.7mm (or 90%) on the twill.
            Be sure that your placement stitch is the exact image of the cut twill. Handcutting is very hard to get right. I wonder how you are getting your line to follow for cutting?
            Please feel free to call if you want some one-on-one advice. 704-398-1273
            Mary
            Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

I have been doing twill an applique designs now for a couple of months. Its is actually pretty fun. Hand cutting to a pain but can be done if you are very accurate. You can also contact Stahl's Inc. They can cut any design for you and make sew disc for the designs. Then you just load the design and sew. You can order sample kits for $10 also.

Comment

Has anyone figured out how to make cut discs from Design Shop? I know it was talked about a while back but never got instructions...
                John Yaglenski
                Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                Hilton Head Island, SC
                http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Stahls is probably the best know company and the do a good job. At the Long Beach Show I found APEX at 1-877-935-7766. They will take your design and make the applique pieces from you sew disc. You don't have to pay for the sew disc this way. I haven't tried them but it sounds like it will save us money.
                  Margaret
                  Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

We figured it out!
                    We created the cut file in CorelX3 for the Roland GX-24 cutter, and created the sew file in DesignShopPro+ from that same Corel file.
                    The design is now done and sewn onto the fronts of 27 baseball jerseys; we are currently working on the player names and numbers for the back of each.
                    Feel free to contact us if you ever need help with the process.
                    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Comment

Janet:

Any way you can put together a step by step? I'd be more than willing to work with you to get a tutorial online for the whole group. I think it would be really valuable. There are a number of people on this group that own the gx-24.
                      John Yaglenski
                      Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

Sure, no problem....but we have to get thru these jersey backs first!
                        It is rather time consuming.
                        No idea if there is a more time efficient way to get this done, but at least this is working so we're going with this for now.

Comment

I have a graphtec vinyl cutter and wonder if the information wuld work for all cutters, or just the Roland?
                          I would love to able to offer this to my customers also. I get so many requests for tackle twill.

Thanks,
                          LuAnn

Comment

the lettering was created in Corel and sent to the cutter with the proprietary cutter software, but I don't see why it wouldn't work going to any cutter. I didn't do anything to the lettering in the cutting software; it was all corel and design shop.

Comment

My guess is it would be very similar and with the help of others, I would be willing to document the differences...
                              John Yaglenski
                              Hilton Head Island, SC

Comment

Working...
                              X