Slipage on a nylon jacket with quilted linig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipage on a nylon jacket with quilted linig

I have a nylon jacket that has a quilted lining. When stitching the design and outline doesn't line up. I am guessing that the two fabrics are moving independently to cause this. We are using the 16 inch wooden hoop. Can you give me any suggestions? Backing, hooping technique or added underlay?
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Nylon is notorious for slipping. Since you probably can't just embroider the nylon (no embroidery access or customer/you not interested in opening seam, stitching and then resewing) you can do a couple of things to help.

Hi Margaret,

You may or may not need backing on the inside, but use a piece of backing on the front....then tear or cut a window for the design. The backing helps keep the nylon from slipping. Make sure you've hooped tight (nylon does not stretch) and you have no puckers in the lining (a pucker in the bottom can cause misalignments).

Nylon is not too forgiving for holes so a long basting stitch around the outside of the design would probably not work for this application. Your design should have at minimum a light underlay. I use a ball point for practically everything but some may recommend a sharp needle.

Lastly, look at the design. Does it line up on another kind of fabric? If you've secured the top with backing and made sure the lining is smooth you should be good to go. Oh, and if you're using auto actifeed, change the base number to at least a six, going lower may cause more push and pull on the fabric affecting registration. (Go to Settings, Thread tab).

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
    Bee Embroidered
    www.BeeEmbroidered.com
    (916) 635-7467
    Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

You mentioned changing auto actifeed to 6 ... could someone please explain specifically what the numbers refer to and educate me on the variables? Thank you.

Comment

Standard and Auto-actifeed relates to material thickness. Quite often a rule of thumb is mentioned describing material thickness in reference to the numbers. 1 piece of typing paper equals 1, 2 pieces equals 2, 3 pieces of paper laid on top of each other equals 3 and so on.......This would describe your material thickness.

If you are selecting the Standard Actifeed mode, then you must select your own material thickness. If you are using the machine in the Auto-actifeed
        mode, then the Amaya will automatically adjust material thickness settings for you.

"Minimum Auto-feed lower limit" is found by going to "Settings---"Threadfeed" and then adjust the lowest limit that you would allow the Auto mode to ever go to.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X