Embroidery Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidery Placement

I am preparing to embroider a fleece blanket that is a perfect square. Can anyone advise me on measurements for placement diagonally in one corner? Also, the embroidery is two lines, with the top line being shorter. The customer would like the top of the embroidery facing the corner. Is there a standard as to which direction the embroidery should face?
    Robert Brooks<br />Buy The Stitch<br />Custom Embroidery & Graphics

Robert -

We do about 5 or so baby blankets per week. We align it so the small manufacturer's label that comes on the blanket is on the bottom (furthest from baby's face) and then use the 7.5 inch square hoop which makes it easy to align with the corner and get both axis straight. We put it as close to the bottom right as possible so the embroidery is down near the corner. The embroidery is then on a 45 degree angle with the top line further from the corner so if the blanket is laying flat and you are looking at it from the bottom, the text would go towards the lower right corner. Not sure if that's at all clear, but that's how we do it.

Good luck
    Tom
    Tom Dauria<br />Mr. Sew & Sew

Comment

Tom,

Thank you for the reply. My customer ended up calling and asking if they could pick it up last night. I did it exactly like you described, so your description was perfectly clear. The customer did specify that they wanted the top of the lettering to the corner. I told them that I thought that would be upside-down compared to normal placement, but they were happy and that's all that matters. Thanks again!
      Robert Brooks<br />Buy The Stitch<br />Custom Embroidery & Graphics

Comment

Working...
      X