Digitize/Edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitize/Edit

I purchased a design from Embroidery.com and I am having trouble. When it is using the same color and finishes one area and moves to the next it is doing stitches instead of going from point A on over to point B leaving just the loose thread to trim by hand. I changed it to a wire frame and see in all the places where it is doing the stitches it does not show it that way. It clearly goes from point A to B with no stitches in between. Please advise what I need to do.
    Thank you

Even though you can not see a jump stitch that is what the machine is doing. insert a trim after point A and it will not leave that jump stitch there. This happens alot with stock designs.

Cindy
    Impressive Threads

Comment

Double check what your # of stitches for trim in OS is set to. Look under

Settings, Settings Tab, Jump count for trim

A common number is 3. This might need to be changed and hopefully will eliminate your problem.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
      Bee Embroidered
      www.BeeEmbroidered.com
      (916) 635-7467
      Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

I have it at 3. Is that ok?

Comment

Could you explain this more specifically? I also get designs (like you said, mostly the stock designs)and even though I can't find the jump stitch, it's there and I'm not digital-savy enough yet to fix them all the time. This info may be helpful to many of us since it seems to be a common problem. Thank you!

GF

Comment

Sew out a test sample, and when it gets near the problem 'jump' area, slow it down to 500 or 600 so you can read the stitch number in the Amaya OS window. Write that down...finish the design and watch for other trouble spots in case it does the same thing.
            Open up the design in Design Shop, and click on the design 'tree' (column listing every stitch) and also click on the design to show stitches. find the 'number' stitch you wrote down and click it, you'll see on your design page the stitch highlighted. Click up or down with the arrow key until you spot the exact number stitch where the needle jumps across the design-and add the 'scissor' right there. You have now added a 'cut' in the design but not a new color-so nothing else changes.
            I always 'select all' on a new design, right click for properties, and make sure that 'Tie in/Tie off' is clicked, and also 'if greater than' should be set at .25 (quarter inch).
            Keep in mind that some designs have their 'own' digitized 'tie in and tie off'-this will be a little bundle of stitches wherever the sewing starts and stops. So if you 'add' this in the program you have just duplicated it and can get thread breaks and extra threads in that spot. It depends on whether your design 'areas' have underlayment as a separate layer or if it is part of the 'fill' that Design Shop does. When you learn to 'clean up' pre digitized designs, like Dakota, you will learn that you can edit out hundreds of stitches by throwing out the underlayment and doing it with Design shop automatically. I normally can cut a Dakota design down 30% with a little time, reset color sewing sequences, and speed up a sewout by 50%. Newer digitized designs (when you specify Amaya machine) usually have this all done for you.

Comment

As far as the number for jump stitches goes you can adjust this up or down according to your liking per design. If you lower the number it will trim more often and if you raise the number you will have longer jump stitches left in the design. I normally set mine at 3 but sometimes change it if I want less long jump stitches.
              Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

As far as the number for jump stitches goes you can adjust this up or down according to your liking per design. If you lower the number it will trim more often and if you raise the number you will have longer jump stitches left in the design. I normally set mine at 3 but sometimes change it if I want less long jump stitches.
                Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Working...
                X