Letters with puffy foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters with puffy foam

Any tips, tricks, hints for creating or using letters with the puffy foam? I have a request for a word with it as a trial product for a client. Thanks!
    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

The letters must be especially digitized for Puffy Foam. Be sure to use matching color of foam under the threads. If you don't, it is going to look like hell! But match the foam to the thread and it will look good.

I am also interested in the Puffy letters and have searched for alphbets digitized for the Puffy. I only have found one! and bought just the 3 letters I needed. If you find different fonts digitized to puffy, I'd appreciate it if you would share where you found them.

With the letters I did find, I was able to resize and slant them - so that was good. You just have to check that there are no needle penetrations in the middle after you change the orginal.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

As Juli said, the lettering/design needs to be digitized specifically for Puff Foam. Density needs to be higher than normal as it is what is used to cut the foam. Also, stitch length is longer.

I use a digitizer that does good work for me. I just have to tell him its for Puff and not normal flats/hats.
      Have A Great Day!!<br /><br />Nathan<br />CEO/President<br />Skyline Prints, Inc<br /><a href=\"http://www.SkylinePrints.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.SkylinePrints.com</a><br /><br />Embroidery, Screen Printing, Digital Printings, and Promotional products. <br /><br />We Bring Your Ideas To Life!<br />P.S. We have Webkinz for sale online and at our store.

Comment

I have done a couple foam hats with help form this forum. I do a walk stitch (10pt) around the inside of the letter and cap off any square ends with a column stitch at the same time. Then I use a column stitch over the foam with a density of 2pts. When sewing the running stitch I use MT of 16 and the column stitch MT of 23. The running stitch helps cut the foam. Then use a heat gun to clean up the excess foam sticking out making sure not to melt the thread.

Mike
        Action Graphics

Comment

Working...
        X