the right hoop for the job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the right hoop for the job

Hello everyone. I was hoping that someone could recommend a good hoop to use on Carhart winter jackets? I am trying to put a logo on the left chest, but am having trouble with the hoop popping because of the quilted lining. I have tried the 7.02, the 5.85, and the 8.? circle hoops. I have tried them finger tip tight, screwed them right tight, and everywhere in between. Is there a hoop that would make this job easier? Anybody know of a good trick I could try? I suspect that i will recieve quite a few more of these being beside an agricultural college. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sewsew7,

The easiest and best method we have found is the clamping systems like the Slimline clamps Melco sells....these work great for doing the left chest designs on Carhartts and other jackets.

Rod Springer

Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

You'll probably hear this from a lot of us...talk them into switching to the Sanmar jacket-much cheaper (retail) than the Carhart jackets, AND it's made for embroidery with the port zipper that lets you get into the jacket without sewing through the liner.
      Also, no hem seam down the center of the back.
      If you do use the slimline clamps, you will need to support the weight of the jacket or it will bend the hoop right down.
      We ended up having to cut the seam/hem open so we could get the hoop inside the liner-then had a seamstress sew it back up for $5.00- then convinced the client to stop bringing them in and he bought Sanmar from us afterwards.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I will have to see if I can order one up at the trade show this weekend. I'm probably going to want to be sitting when they tell me the price right?LOL

Comment

It depends on where you buy it but you can expect it to eat up most of a $300 dollar bill pretty fast...sure works good for this type of aplication tho...

Rod

Comment

Sounds like a pretty good investment after the struggles I experienced today. I checked them out on the website after you posted. Do all the windows fit the same adapter bracket?

Comment

Yes, except for the large jacket back size and then that is a separate system all over again.

The jacket back one really doesn't work all that well for jackets as there is not enough room behind the clamp for excess jacket material...It will put the design high on the neck or low on the back just fine, you just will have a difficult time placing anything in the center.....

Rod

Comment

I haven't had too much trouble getting the Carharts into the 16' x16' double height wood hoop. Just have to make sure to support the weight of the jacket. For this I've rigged myself up a box that sits just under the arm of the machine and is wider than the machine itself.

Comment

Just a word of caution to those who are using the tabletop to support big items like 3X+ Carhartt jackets, blankets, etc..

When piling them up on the tabletop, be very careful that you do not inadvertanly lift or push the hoop attachment arms upward. The hoop attachment arms may then come in contact with the grabber blade during a trace and whammo...your needle case has just been shoved forward and multiple needle bars will drop..this has not worked out well for the ones who have tried it ;-(( $$$$...!!

Rod Springer
                  Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

Working...
                  X