Embroidering on the collar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embroidering on the collar

Hi Folks - Just got a cheerleading contract where I need to embroider some text on the collar of mock turtlenecks. Looking for some guidance on what the best setup for this is - hoop vs clamp or frame etc. Probably 0.4 inch block letters - nothing fancy. I'm more concerned on how to keep the garment steady while sewing.

thanks in advance
    Tom
    Tom Dauria<br />Mr. Sew & Sew

Tom,
    -Fast Frames with sticky backing.
    -Try to have the turtleneck stretched to the size of someones neck when sewing. (Same concept applies when sewing on wrist/head bands and beanie caps.)
    -Depending on how "spongy" the fabric is, I might actually use the "standard" setting for thread feed and choose a number so that the stitches don't have that "pulled too tight" or "sunk into the fabric" appearance.
    -Remember to give yourself the option of practice first which means order a couple extra. Don't be shy about "trying one on" after sewing. I'm assuming you have the same size neck as the average cheerleader. Heh Heh [img]smile.gif[/img]
    -Don't forget -possibly solvy, and edge walk and double zig zag if permissable.
    -Be sure the other side of the turtle neck isn't too close to the rotary hook while sewing.
    Stretchy garments have a tendancy to rub against the underside of the sewing/bobbin arm.
    -Oh, and you might consider laying down a rectangle or oval fill stitch to go under the lettering so that the lettering is cleaner looking. Of course this will increase the sew time. If you do this, you might get away with using Saran Wrap instead of Solvy. (Save a little money). Use a sharp needle when sewing through a fill stitch. Ball point when sewing through the stretchy fabric.
    Good Luck Pal,
    Ed Orantes
    504-258-6260
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Working...
    X