Design not filled in when stitched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design not filled in when stitched

I bought two design packets from Dakota which I love, one has a tweety Bird and the other has an Eagle design, when I stitched each design I had the same problem the heads were not completely stiched in, they both are in ofm format, anyone know what is wrong ? the designs looked great other than they did not completely stitch.
    appreciate any advice
    Charlotte
    charlotte

Did you resize the design? If so, you may need to lower the density.

Comment

Classic problem with purchased designs. Always test sew them before you do an actual job. Then see what needs adjusted. The design may be perfect on a woven fabric, but need serious underlay for a knit.

I have this happen quite a bit, go into the design and convert the elements that need adjusting to wireframe and manually digitize as necessary to adjust fills and densities.

You may also have registration problems. Move the elements as needed. Remember, you will have more shifting on a knit polo than a woven dress shirt. I usually save two or more versions of the same design for each type of fabric that I sew on. One for Jersey knit, one for pique polos, one for demim, one for wovens. Depending on the brands of shirts I use, the wovens and denims can use the same design.

Red polos are another story. I usually have to put more underlay on red shirts.

Hope this helps. Remember that these designs weren't created for your AMAYA, they were saved in a format for your AMAYA.

Comment

thank you so much for the information,I will try your suggestions.
        Charlotte
        charlotte

Comment

Working...
        X