Caps question again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caps question again

I have looked thru all the discussions and the mailing list about CCF vs WACF but cannot find the answer or I am just confused.
    I bought the CCF from Melco awhile ago. It has a green top. I never had to use it but now have some caps and visors to do.
    Of course I never mastered the WACF or extended or whatever it is called. So I do at least 1 bad cap to 1 good cap. Usually it's a lot more bad caps than good. It's certainly expensive to ruin all those caps.
    I have the WACF extended I think.
    I do not see any "wings" as described in the manual. Am I supposed to have these wings? I have the cap frame for 2 XT's and don't see wings with either.
    Also, how do I use the CCF? And what hoop do I choose in Amaya OS?
    Thank you as always.

I looked in the manual to see what you were talking about with wings. I don't have the wings either. When I got my CCF frame I just slid it on the WACF fixture same as with the WACF hoop frame went on. The notches line up perfectly with the roller/locks on the WACF driver. Slide the hoop on, pull the red tip levers and lock it down. Only the top two lock on the CCF for me. The bottom one I lock but it doesn' catch on anything.

Choose hoop CCF/WAD. With the CCF the hat bill goes in front of the wide metal clamp towards the green handle side, rather than behind as with the WACF. Also, I use masking tape on the bill, otherwise you will get a scuff mark on the bill from the machine. 2 strips of 1" across the bill covers it for me. I've also found that with structured hat's I don't even need backing. I've sewn out some pretty high stitch counts without backing and they are fine. If un-structured definitely need backing.

Hope this makes sense.
    Sue Schroeder

Comment

Thank you! I just tried the CCF. It was so easy! The design came out fine. No frustration, no wasted cap, no bloody fingers like with the shark-toothed WACF! I even did a visor and I had never had the emotional strength to even attempt one of those with the WACF - and it worked fine! What a relief this is.

Comment

My sentiments exactly! It took me almost a years to decide to buy the CCF. Got the first one and the next day ordered the 2nd one.

Sue

Comment

I still have 4 CCF's left if anyone is interested contact me privately.

[email protected]

Steve I
          Trinity Embroidery
          Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

We also prefer the CCF to the WACF. I had extra WACF and sold/traded them to get more CCF after 3 years of wasted cap jobs. Don't regret it all-and haven't used the WACF since!
            Biggest suggestion to avoid the scuff marks and to help the sewout-get the cap brim 'hold down' attachement from Melco and add it to each CCF you have. It looks a little Rube Goldberg but it works! Go back in the archives here and you'll find the part number-I"ve posted it a few times and can't find the original invoice here-it's now 2 years since I bought them. What a timesaver! Holds the brim away from the needle casing-everytime the brim would rub not only do you get the brim 'mark' but it also pulls the face of the hat out of alignment and you get lousy detail. Takes about 5 minutes to install and you will see a huge difference in your sewouts!
            Roland

Comment

Working...
            X