Metallic thread help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallic thread help needed

I have used metallic thread before with no problems, but for some reason in the current design I am sewing my metallic thread pops out of the needle at each trim.
    The design is a simple music note and at each trim the thread pops out of the needle and I need to re-thread it.I am in no mood to re-thread the needle twice on all 82 caps! Tie off is a number 3, as suggested by Melco tech to avoid missed trims.
    Specs:
    This is a structured cap.
    Music notes are .40 tall.
    Thank you in advance!
    LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

Since I switched from #1 for tie-in/tie-out to #3 w/ 4 stitches for the tie-in and #5 w/ 4 stitches for the tie-out I rarely have mistrims on my XT's. You might try changing your tie-out from #3 to #5 and see what happens. SOmetimes I have to move the exit point so you can't see the extra stitches the tie-out makes.

ANother thing I did for stock lettering is I took all the built in tie ins and tie outs out of the lettering and then set my own defaults for them and it seems to help. You can take out all the ties in the stock lettering under tools and then you can put them back in at a later time if you don't like the change. Tools... Convert ALphabets...Remove Locks is how you take them out and tools... restore alphabets will return them to how they started.

If changing to #5 doesnt work then try moving the exit point around or manually putting lock stitches in.
    Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Under "Settings" in OS....there is a setting for the trimmers to be set when using metallic thread....are you using this setting?

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Rod,

Was not aware of special settings for metallic thread. Can you talk me through making the correct adjustments?
        Thanks..

Comment

Got it! I did not realize all of my original settings had been changed. I set them so long ago I forgot that they were there. DUH!

Thanks for the responses....
          You guys/gals are awesome.....

Comment

Working...
          X