Graduated colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduated colours

Hi, I've just joined and have a question?

Does anyone know how to create a gradiated design. I'm trying to merge two colours so that they change gently from blue to red in a horizontal band (like a sunset). I have DS Pro+ V.2005 and have tried the vantage fill options but just can't get it right.

I also have Brother PES software which has a colour gradiation option where you can choose two colours and the software makes the gradiation for you - so easy. But I love using DS as it seems fairly easy until I came across this teaser!

Many thanks, Alfie
    Alfie

Dear Alfie,
    The way I have done this is to make it in layers. Each layer has light density so they don't fill the space with too much theard. The first layer is the darker color using the effects button. It will start out thick on one side and thins out. The second layer will be the same shape but the grading will be the opposite. It takes some time to get it right. The most important thing to realize is where your sides are. Hope this helps.
    Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Hello Margaret,
      Thanks for your reply. I'll give it a go, did try something like it, but perhaps I'm too impatient! If not, I'll see if I can convert a PES gradiated design into a DS one.

Regards,
      Alfie
      Alfie

Comment

Working...
      X