Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So for hat backs and sides, which is better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So for hat backs and sides, which is better?

The clamping system, or fast frames, or something I haven't mentioned here? Totally lost...!!

We just use a 5.9 hoop for hat backs. We hoop it about halfway (using only half of the hoop that is with tearaway. Fast frames works too, as does the clamping system. Try em all - it's what you are comfortable.

For sides, I would go with the clamping system or fast frames.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I just sewed some hat-backs on a low-profile constructed hats. I used the same 5.9 round hoop. I decided to sew without backing. The quality was very good on the resultant sew. Also, what I found important to the 'hooping' process was simply to get the center stitch seam nice and vertical, about the center of the hoop. When I pressed in the top portion, if it was not 'perpindicular' to the seam, I simply held the bottom 1/2 in one hand and spun the top 1/2 the small angle it needed to line up.

Using the technique, hooping the back of hats just went from a major mental-block/ordeal, to a 45 second task.

1. Place bottom hoop on corner of table.
      2. un-do the back of the hat
      3. Position hat about 75% over the bottom frame.
      4. Spread the material with your fingers and move so that the seam is in the center of the frame
      5. Press-on the top of the hoop
      6. Hold it in you hand and eye-up whether or not you need to twist it to become 'perpindicular' to the seam.

It took longer to write this email that to hoop the hats [img]smile.gif[/img]
      Jim W.
      Jim W.

Comment

Working...
      X