Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• embroidery on hankies

Hi All-
    I have a customer who would like the bride's and groom's names and the wedding date embroidered on the bride's fine linen hanky. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to share about this type of project? Also, when using smaller size lettering how do you keep thread from building up in a lump on the back of the item? Not sure whether I should be using underlay or not.
    Many thanks!
    Di

I cannot really help you w underlay but perhaps we can help you re hooping and the choice correct stabilizer
    At all costs avoid any slippage or movement in the hoop.
    Some of these materials are light, sheer & slippery so that could reallky be a problem.

We make a fusible non directionl "wet laid" tearaway for just such a situation
    Its called Heat N Sta

http://www.rnkdistributing.com/heatnsta.shtml

USe a low iron or heat press - silk setting when applying.

No sprays!

We will of course send samples if you e-mail us off list but

Pls ne pateint as we just had an "expected" family death.
    So we are on the way to NYC

But when we return Apr 3 we will glady send samples and exchange info.

Sincerely
    Fred
    Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Di:
      I've had good experiences using solvie for topping and backing on handkerchiefs. It cuts way down on the clean up time.

Genie Z
      Genie Zenowich, Partner<br />Blackhurst Needleworx & Imaging<br />Columbus, Ohio

Comment

Hi Fred-
        It's Di from Ostrow Originals---I was thinking HNS was the way to go--thanks for the confirmation. [img]smile.gif[/img] Praying that you and Joanne have a safe trip and that God's peace will enfold you during this difficult time.
        Di

Comment

Hi Genie-
          Solvy for top and bottom---Hmmmm--never thought about that before. And it gives enough stabilization even after laundering when the solvy dissolves?
          Thanks,
          Di

Comment

Working...
          X