Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WACF and Bobbin Arm

Hi all,
    Let me preface this by saying that i haven't attended training yet. now that you are all done rolling your eyes I have a quick question. we seem to be doing well on the simple stuff but each time we try to do a cap the arm that holds the bobbin pushes against the top of the cap and distorts the arched text that we're trying to embroider. All of the text is within the OS "field" so i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. thanks in advance...
    bruce

Bruce,
    Do you have an XT Amaya? How big is the design...height being more important here than width? How close to the brim of the cap are you sewing the design?

Normally a design including the height of the lettering should be no higher than 2.25 " for the best results and then placed as low ( toward the cap brim ) as you can place it . If the design is this size and is left at the top of the sewing field (away from the brim ), what you have described, depending on the design, can allow the sewing arm to contact the cap, stretch it and by doing so distort the design. Arched borders and/or lettering seem to be the worst to react to this or maybe they are just more noticeable.....

The solution is to reduce the size of the design, move the design further down in the sewing field or both. This of course is assuming that the cap driver is mounted on the machine correctly and that the correct cap frame designation is being used...etc...

Rod Springer
    Melco Tech & Trainer
    Boise, ID
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Just to add to Rods comment,
      on all of the hoops and dotted limit lines,
      these are set as the limits of the sewing field.
      Especially on hats, it is to keep you from going too far and jamming the hoop and mechanism because you tried to sew beyond its capability. just becasue you can sew a 3" high design doesn't mean each hat you try can have a 3" design sewed onto it. some old school 5 panel hats could take a 3" desing and more but a newer low profile hat is lucky to get a 2" high design, especially if you are using the old style machine and not an XT, And as for training there are a lot of us that have not gone and are doing just fine. don't be afraid that you can't operate effectivley because you haven't been formally trained. I also don't think most on this list will give you trouble if you ask questions that may have been covered in training.

If you knew everything after training then this list wouldn't need to exist. : )

Ron
      Body Cover
      Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Thank you Rod and Ron for the advice and encouragement. Sorry for the late reply.

Comment

Working...
        X