Ditizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ditizing

Is there anyone on this list that uses Generations for digitizing? I am having trouble retaining trim codes when going from gen to either pes or hus. If I export to dst, which I have been doing for my other machine, the OS won't give me an image in the selection list, so I'm not too thrilled about using dst. I suppose this wouldn't be a problem with Design Shop, but I don't have it and am not likely to get in the the foreseeable future.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Juli,
    I guess I hit new topic instead of reply to your earlier post on my last message about the gen update, but I forgot to mention that I alway export out of gen into EXP, not DST. I've not had any problems seeing the image, so you may want to give EXP a try. Debbie in Indiana
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

I tried the exp and I still am losing most of the trims. It is only doing trims at color changes. All other trims have dissapeared.

But I tried dst again and all the trims are there. Hus and pes didn't work - lost the trims. I guess I'll try other formats to see if I can find something that will retain the trims and still give my a picture of the design in the selection screen.

And what have I learned from this? I have learned that I have a lot of seemingly useless extra very small stitches. I can remove those, but the trick is to not loose the tie-off/on stitches. I have been pulling out stitches from my ruined hats and had a devil of a time pulling out those tinny winny stitches.

Aah! The joys of the learning curve!

Juli in Kona

Comment

You will find you get many less thread breads if you can eliminate the small stitches in your designs. Also adjusting the columns to not be too short is a great thing for less thread breaks.
        Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

You can save the design in .dst from Generations. Then open the design up in AMAYA OS. Change your colors to where you want them and then save as an ofm in OS. Then every time you need to run this same design you can open it from AMAYA OS and see the graphic. The only problem you will have with this is if you make some adjustments to the design in OS and save as ofm you will not be able to make any adjustments in Generations. All of my designs on my OS computer are saved as ofm files, even the dst's I get from my digitizer I save as ofm. As long as I don't convert to wireframe it holds the dst parameters. Hope this makes sense.
          Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

Makes perfect sense. I'll try that. I don't know what changes I could make in OS. I could turn it, but that is all I can figure out. I don't have Design Shop

Juli in Kona

Comment

Working...
            X