Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread feeding

Team,

I noticed on one particular needle the thread exits the guide tube and enters the roller at varying places. For instance, the thread exits the guide tube up high on one side of the tube instead of in the lower portion. As this happens in sort of a spiralling action from middle to high on one side, this allows the thread to be continuously be moving from the "center" of the rollers to one side, then back to the center. The resultant sew although good, has some visible correct tention, then loosness, then correct, then loose. It is almost as if as the thread is coiled off the roll, a pre-twist is evident as it exits the guide tube and enters the rollers. This seems to be a bit of an anomally, as the other feeds are able to stay in the middle of the rollers. None of the other same-brand threads demonstate this.

Has anyone seen this before? The thread is moving from the "middle" correct position of the rollers to one side, then back to the middle, then back to the one side, back to the middle, etc.

Thanks,
    Jim W.

I have found that the rollers needing to be cleaned and greased is the number one cause of the thread not staying in the middle of the rollers. Try cleaning both red and yellow rollers, grease with polymer grease and try it again and see if it changes anything.
    Russell Silva<br />R. S. Embroidery<br />Certified Amaya Technician & Trainer<br />Attleboro, Ma<br />508-222-4433

Comment

Fast Response! Thanks Russel. Just to be clear, do you mean to clean the outer surface of each roller that touches the thread, or the inner surface which touches the little axles?

Jim
      Jim W.

Comment

Clean the rollers with mild soap and water, inside and outsides, use a Q-Tip to clean out where the yellow roller slides into the Amaya and clean the hub that the red pinch roller rides on then grease appropriately.
        Russell Silva<br />R. S. Embroidery<br />Certified Amaya Technician & Trainer<br />Attleboro, Ma<br />508-222-4433

Comment

Thanks Russell,

While sewing later tonight on another needle, it made loose threads. What I found on this needle was that when the pinch-roller is "down", you can EASILY pull thread through it. If you put just a breath of extra pressure on the pinch-roller tab, it locks the thread just like the other needles. This I cleaned the rollers, but it did not make a difference. How do you get the pincher-roller to apply more pressure to thread?
          Thanks - (I've only had machines 1 week)
          Jim W.

Comment

Update: I cleaned the rollers/greased, and reinstaleld. The result was the same. I swapped rollers from an adjacent neeedle. The result was the same, while the other needle continued to sew well as before. Thus, in my estimation this particulalr pincher arm is not exerting enough force, or is not moving down far enough (either way). As a test, I simply placed my finger on the pincher arm tab while sewing, and the sew returned to a perfect tension. Which confirms to me, that this particular pincher arm is just not really "snapping" down into position like the other arms.

Thanks,
            Jim
            Jim W.

Comment

Try taking just the red pinch roller off and lower the lever down and see if it drops lower then the rest, if it does you can rule out interference. I would call Melco tech support and see what they think.

Comment

Thanks Russell. I'll check this out tonight. My friend who I purchased the machines from has ordered some spare rollers just to see if a "new" set of red/yellow rollers will solve it too.

Thanks,
                Jim
                PS - I sewed satin stich names at 1450 SPM last night! Looked as good as the ones sewn at 900!!
                Jim W.

Comment

As far as running the machine at 1450 SPM, I would keep that at a little lower speed, I believe in running machinery at 80% of its potential, I think it will last much longer that way. This is only my opinion.

Comment

I noticed that above 1250 or so SPM the machine was definitely making some more noise. I sort of ran it that high for a test. However after seeing it, I will definitely feel comfortable at the right times to run 1000-1200 SPM. Obviously, some threads, materials and design would not well at that speed, but it is nice to know the machine will do it.

Thanks, [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    Jim
                    Jim W.

Comment

Hi
                      Just an update. I installed a new red-roller, new cover, and new yellow roller. This had no change on the sew (having very loose threads). Thus, I'm back to my original idea being that this particular "arm" is not exerting enough force on between the red-roller and yellow-roller. If I hold my finger lightly on the arm, the sew is perfect.
                      Thanks,
                      Jim
                      Jim W.

Comment

Sounds like it's time to call Melco, and see if they can work it thru on the phone... otherwise, a tech will probably need to take a look at it.
                        John Yaglenski
                        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                        Hilton Head Island, SC
                        http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

If your machines are new, I would call Melco and have the problem taken care of through them, you don't want to do anything to void your warrenty.

Comment

Working...
                          X