RA Essene Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RA Essene Thread

Do you know what, exactly, Essene is made out of? Is is Rayon or Poly or something else?

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Essene is terrible for fast sewouts. Very weak. Pull on it and it stretches then breaks - easily!

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

If you are using a commercial embroidery machine, always make sure you are using thread designed for high speed machines. (Ackermann, Maderia, ARC, etc.) The thread that you buy at the store is usually designed for home sewing machines that sew at 150-200 stitches per minute. Store purchased thread will break within 15 seconds everytime. It just can't handle the speed and friction that commercial machines do at high speeds running at 1000+ stitches per minute. The 3 brands I mentioned above are probably the best ones as far as minimizing thread breaks.

Comment

From what we have seen in the field as techs, Madeira has beautiful colors but has many more thread breaks than Arc or Isacord from Ackermann.
        Sharon
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I have a question on thread. Since the Amaya is designed to use the ARC cone and has extenders for taller or Maderia cones, do the Isacord cones run perfectly well on the Amaya???
          Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

Isacord runs great. The thread holders extend / adjust up or down, so a slightly shorter cone like Isacord has does fine as well.

I also like how the isacord thread has a snap bottom that you can lock the end of the thread in when you store it - so you don't have a ton of thread ends hanging down everywhere...
            John Yaglenski
            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
            Hilton Head Island, SC
            http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Have you tried the poly Isolon?
              Creating the best First Impressions with custom embroidery.<br /><br />Jo Leftwich<br /> <a href=\"http://www.justsewitllc.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.justsewitllc.com</a>

Comment

My favorite brands of thread would have to be R0bison-Anton and Madiera. I have used Issacord for some of my contractors and it runs very well also. Another interesting one is Rheingold. I get some of that out of Portland, OR cause its one day away and its actually made by Madiera but it comes in the normal size cones rather than the tall ones Madiera comes on. Just my 2 cents on threads.
                Aaron Sargent<br />Pegboard<br />541-727-1440

Comment

When we first got the Amaya, we tried to get thread from Madeira but
                  they did not have cones that fit.
                  Over a year and a half ago they switched to a new cone-I think you
                  just have to specify that your order is
                  for an Amaya. There is no adaptor needed-the cone is the same height
                  as ARC cone.
                  We have seen LESS breakage than the ARC thread-and more color
                  selection, plus if you send out
                  orders to larger embroidery houses-they all use Madeira so you will
                  be able to proof it in the same colors
                  for the customer to see.
                  Our orders usually ship the same or next day-compared to a week or
                  two we end up waiting for Melcomart
                  to ship. I bought the full 288 thread spool kit when we first started
                  from Melco, and as we use up any of
                  those colors we replace with full size Madeira cones.
                  Also, Madeira carries larger assortment of backings, and will give
                  you free small rolls of almost anything
                  (metallics, variegated, etc.) just so you can try them!
                  I take all the thread spools and make a notch in the bottom with
                  a razor knife to catch the thread when we put the spool back on
                  the wall rack
                  Roland

Comment

Where is the best place to buy the Maderia thread with the Amaya cones?
                    thanks,
                    Jim W.

Comment

Just call them direct-why pay higher prices to a reseller?
                      800-225-3001
                      (if she is still there) ask for Sarah, ext. 132
                      This is the home office in Laconia, NH 03246

Comment

Working...
                      X