polo sleeve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polo sleeve

I have a customer that would like his website on the sleeve of his polo. What are the industry standards for placement?
    Pam Scandrett

I place the bottom of the lettering 2" from the bottom of the sleeve. Use white sewers chalk to mark it and water will take it out. I keep an old windex bottle handy with water in it so it doesn't soak the shirt. Works great on solvy too.

Comment

Placing the url: Do you center it on the shoulder seam? Or bring it forward - how much? I plan to put the bottom about 1/2" above the sleeve hem line. Is this about right?

Juli in Kona
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I bring anything on a sleeve forward about 1/3 off center...if you are wearing a shirt, look down at your shoulder-you'll see the 'center' hem always rides off the back of your shoulder, so if you center it on that hem, it will be behind your arm, not facing out. So if you divide the width of whatever you are putting on the sleeve by 3,have 2/3 of it forward of that 'center' and it should look fine.

Comment

How far up from the seam all depends on the shirt.
          Does the sleeve have a ribbed edge or just a hem.
          On a man's shirt with the ribbed edge, I have had customers want it on the ribbing, but I wouldn't go much further up than 1/2" above the top of the ribbing. If you have a hem, 1/2" above the hem line is about right. I have also had customers want it 2" below the shoulder seam.

It really depends on what your customer wants. So many choices, so little time.
          Debbie<br />Sew Many Things

Comment

All right, now I am really in trouble!! I got the sleeve jammed in the rotary hook - but good. I can't get it out! Can I take the rotary hook assembly off the shaft? Maybe if I could get it sitting in my lap I could work it out.

And of course Melco is closed for the day. It is only almost 1:00 here.

Juli in Kona, pulling out my hair

Comment

Juli,

I did the same thing just today ....I got the garment out (damaged but out) by removing the bobbin and unhooping. The #1 needle dropped so I had to unscrew the needleplate and needle so I could get the needle out. I trimmed the thread and then rotated the garment out. Now I can't get needle back up. I've rotated the shaft to re-set the needle/presser bar. But still no luck. I was able to call Melco and a tech may be on his way tomorrow. In the mean time, I'm going to look at my other machine to see why after I push the needle back in place, when I power up the needlecase trys to move more to the left and there is no place to go and the needle drops again. Aggghhhhh.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
              Bee Embroidered
              www.BeeEmbroidered.com
              (916) 635-7467
              Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Did you get an error message? I can't get my needle back up either and a tech is coming out tomorrow. Is your an xt or a big red?

Comment

Yes, the error involved the z axis. At first I didn't realize that it was a jam. It took me a long time and a lot of sweat to get it out. Lost the shirt and it was one of the more expensive ones. Darn. Mine is an XT

Well, good luck

Juli in Kona

Comment

Juli,

If you're on....call me. I fixed my machine! So I've cancelled the tech. Mine is a big red so I may or may not be able to help. I should be up for another 20 min or so.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
                    Bee Embroidered
                    www.BeeEmbroidered
                    (916) 635-7467
                    Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Working...
                    X