Material Puckering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material Puckering

I am about to do some Underarmor type shirts with a left chest logo. I am concerned about the material puckering as Ihave experience with that before. What setting is it that would reduce the puckering, ie, pull/comp, density, etc. Any ideas on the desired setting. I am running a 2005 AMAYA with Pro+.
    Thanks in advance.

Tom L.
    Creative Promo

on the lighter shirts, even cheap pique knits like I did yesterday, the only way I've stopped the puckering is with 3 oz. cutaway backing. Someone mentioned a while ago they used the mesh backing? But we haven't tried that. On some real thin all poly driweave shirts, ended up with double backing to keep it flat.
    Customers have to be told that on thin material, if they don't want pucker, they will end up with a 'visible' area of backing-almost like a patch has been sewn inside the shirt. We did have some good results with adhesive backing, but the amount of thread breaks from gunk on the needles wasn't worth it.
    You can also 'steam' the area afterwards and flatten the pucker down! We have a hand held Oreck steamer that works great.

Comment

Try a heavy cut away - I have use the AllStitch HD and it worked great

Comment

Working...
      X