Whoops. Needle hit hoop, NEED HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoops. Needle hit hoop, NEED HELP

My needle and needle bar hit my hoop. I must not have got it in all the way and it vibrated to the side. It was my magnetic hoop so it is very strong.

When I turned it on yesterday, all my needles are break, so it must have jolted it out of the calibration. I know there is a calibration procedure that one can do. If it needs more advance procedure, if someone can tell me that, I can probably do it myself.

Can anyone send it to me, please, or tell me how to do this. I am in need of my machine,as I have a lot of work to do.

My email is [email protected]

Thank you so very much for your help.

Pam
    Pam Pittman<br />Cross Thread Embroidery

can't spell either

email is [email protected]

thank you!

Comment

I'm not sure what problem you are experiencing - are your needles hitting the needle plate, are they getting stuck in the down position, what is breaking them? - a bit more info would help. Here are some threads to look at in the mean time:

Comment

Pam,

If you had a really hard hit on the side of a hoop, the hook timing is probably off as it probably shifted the rotary hook on the shaft and it will need to be adjusted. Also the needlecase calibration may also have been affected. Mamma Kass gave you a couple of links to look at that may also help to explain what you will need to do...

Rod
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Yes, the hoop was hit hard. When I turned the machine on, the needles move from side to side. It is hitting the needle bar (the item behind the needle) and it is breaking the needles when it goes past them. I will check out the links tomorrow and see if that helps me. Thank you so very much for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. Pam

Comment

If your talking about the presser foot hitting the needle.
            Bend it back to its correct position.
            The needle bar is the silver bar that the needle is mounted on. using the needle clamp the part that has the screw in it that holds the needle in place.

You can gently bend the presser foot with a needle nose pliers. It should about 1/4 inch behind the needle.

Hitting something you may have bent it up and forward so you may need to bend it down and back.

This may help

[email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

Jerome is right about the presser foot. If it is too close it could hook up on the needles as it goes by and cause them to break. You can also straighten it by taking a flat blade screw driver and pushing back on it. If you get it bent back too far it will rub on the front side of the grabber trap and rattle or tap very loudly.

Another item to be concerned about is the needlebar that struck the hoop. It may have caused it to shift upwards through the retaining clamp that holds it in place from the impact. It may have even bent it. If it shifted, the "needle depth" will not be correct and it would not be able to properly pick up the bobbin thread correctly. If it is bent, it would cause excessive wear in the bushings that guide it and that would eventually lead to a possible complete needlecase assembly. That would be the worst case scenario replacement.

Rod Springer
              Amaya Tech & Trainer
              Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Yes. Jerome, it is the presser foot that is hitting the needles. When I turn the machine on and it calibrates is when it is popping the needles. I removed them but will put position 1 back it to check.
                I looked at it and compared it to my other machine and it looks fine but I will look again. Also do you have the procedure for the hook timing and needle calibration. I think I should do this too. I so appreciate all of your help. I really think I can do these tasks, just need the job aid. I look forward to your reply. THANK YOU!!!!

Comment

There should be step-by-step instructions for these in either your OS Operator's or Technical manual; I can't remember which, but they both come up if you select Help. The needle case calibration should be done first. The second thread that I attached discusses this subject.

Problems with hook timing or needle case position should not cause the presser foot to break needles. It really does sound like a bent presser foot is the first thing you need to fix. Insert a needle in front of the presser foot; if you look at your other machine you will see what the relative position of the needle to the foot should be.

Comment

Thank you EVERYONE! I think the presser foot was slightly bent. It did not look like it but I put some pressure on it and it must have bent it back slightly. I put a few needles back it and it cleared it with no issues. I also check to make sure the needle was centered on the needle plate and it looked good. I went back to the needle that was stitching and embroidered a sample and it ran fine. I am gong to replace all my needles and check to make sure each needle is centered. I think the problem was the presser foot. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X