Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laboring sound

Hi Amaya Friends,
    I'm getting a groaning, laboring sort of sound when my needle case moves to the left. It doesn't happen when moving to the right. It's still working, but I'm not happy with the groaning from my beloved Stitch. He's a 2004 Big Red. I oiled the silver rail, with no improvement. What else is there to do to ease Stitches problem? Thanks in Advance. Genie Z
    Genie Zenowich, Partner<br />Blackhurst Needleworx & Imaging<br />Columbus, Ohio

Hi Genie....

By "silver rail", do you mean the " V " rail? Shaped kind of like this " /\ " on the top? If so, it is ok to lubricate this on the Big Reds. None of the XT models require lubrication in this location.

Don't lubricate the " lead screw " the drives the needle case back and forth across the face of the machine. Early on, this was a part of the maintenance, but it was determined that putting grease on this collected too must dust, lint, thread, etc, that was being dragged through the color change motor as the needle case traveled back and forth. Use a soft cloth...not a paper towel, they leave too much lint from the paper, a piece of throw away backing works fine and clean off the lead screw. It may be that the motor is working too hard to pull the needle case back and forth because of debris on this lead screw.

But,it sounds as if the color change motor is going south at this point and is about ready to give up the ghost.... [img]redface.gif[/img] { It may last quite a long time making this groaning noise and then again it may just quit or start giving you color change timeout errors. At that point it will need replaced.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
    X